Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're back on track with our D-series headers again after some delays the last few months. We have so many projects that the d-series headers kept getting pushed back.

We're just going through several suppliers to check for materials costs to see where we can get the bulk material for the best price. We're trying to keep the costs down as much as we can so everyone can afford our headers. The bulk of the cost that we're trying to get down are the flanges which we are trying to get down to lower another $50 each header.

So stay tuned for any updates.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Our focus is for the Mild/Semi-Race setups. The cars with decent modifications such as headwork, cams, intake manifold upgrades, higher compression, and a combination of all that. We knew that MOST people out there that would want this would be in the 130-180hp range. There was no point in making an all out race header for the D-series. If you're trying to make 200hp anyways, youre in a different league than most people and we're not catering this header for the extreme setups.

My idea of a mild setup maybe different from others, but in my opinion, the ones that will benefit from a custom header like this are the ones with decent amount of upgrades.

This may tick off some people, but we're really not considering clearance issues on P/S and A/C. At the HP level this is designed for, I'm assuming most arent concerned about AC and PS.

Price isnt set yet, since we havent had the final calculation on costs. But we're working on that at the moment.

I know you guys have been patient with waiting for a D-series header. But we have our hands full with many different projects. From our racing front ends, the Exospeed Racing wheel line, the new sleeves we're working on with Darton, and our turbo kits for race cars. Just alot on our plate all at once.
We'll get something going for you guys soon.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
awesome wil the headers are back on track.

·
Registered
195 Posts
This may tick off some people, but we're really not considering clearance issues on P/S and A/C.
Now that's what I'm talking about! NO A/C or P/S FTW!

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
If you're trying to make 200hp anyways, you're in a different league than most people and we're not catering this header for the extreme setups.
EXTREEME!!! lol sorry i couln't help it. i am going for 200whp, but are you going with a mass production or a more semi-custom setup that will work in helping ppl in getting better numbers. cause you can still be cost efficient and still make power.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey remoer,
Sorry wasnt able to answer your old pms. I just started going on the site more often lately.
IF you guys have any detailed questions, feel free to email them to me at ([email protected]). i'd like to answer them all, but sometimes I miss PMs and forget about them. Its easier through email.

Well our header design will be a TRUE merge collector setup. I know our piping, and collector design will be geared towards the mid 100-hp setups, but I'm sure it will still work with some of the more hardcore setups.

The only reason I said it wasnt really geared towards extreme setups is because I know higher compression, bigger displacement, and bigger cam setups CAN benefit with a different design. But it doesnt mean ours will not work. I'm just being up front with which customers we're shooting for on this. I'm sure we can do some adjustments on the exit pipe diameters to accomodate for different exh piping combinations.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also, we'll have dyno sheets on our headers before they are released. It'll be fully tested with a decent d16 build to show comparisons.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
hey remoer,
Sorry wasnt able to answer your old pms. I just started going on the site more often lately.
IF you guys have any detailed questions, feel free to email them to me at ([email protected]). i'd like to answer them all, but sometimes I miss PMs and forget about them. Its easier through email.

Well our header design will be a TRUE merge collector setup. I know our piping, and collector design will be geared towards the mid 100-hp setups, but I'm sure it will still work with some of the more hardcore setups.

The only reason I said it wasnt really geared towards extreme setups is because I know higher compression, bigger displacement, and bigger cam setups CAN benefit with a different design. But it doesnt mean ours will not work. I'm just being up front with which customers we're shooting for on this. I'm sure we can do some adjustments on the exit pipe diameters to accomodate for different exh piping combinations.
cool if i remember what i pm you about.. oh wait was it about a cam? if it is i might still be intresetd in still talking about if i'm correct i wrote. just refresh me on the pm or just reply back so i can remember.

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
If it was P/S compatible, i would definitely check it out. AC i could give a fuck about, even when it is 40 degrees and muggy out i just roll the windows down and suffer. I may be an Eskimo but i can stand the heat.

Let me know anyway, if the price is right i think i wouldn't mind ditching the old PS system for the benefit of added flow.

PS: What kind of collector size are you thinking of creating? it's hard to find a header with a 2.25" collector, which seems to be the standard for upgraded exhausts for the D. 2" and 2.5" seem to be the norm.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
If it was P/S compatible, i would definitely check it out. AC i could give a fuck about, even when it is 40 degrees and muggy out i just roll the windows down and suffer. I may be an Eskimo but i can stand the heat.

Let me know anyway, if the price is right i think i wouldn't mind ditching the old PS system for the benefit of added flow.

PS: What kind of collector size are you thinking of creating? it's hard to find a header with a 2.25" collector, which seems to be the standard for upgraded exhausts for the D. 2" and 2.5" seem to be the norm.
so ur tough enough to handle the heat, but not tough enough to strong arm the wheels???? :p

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
any chance there will be B series headers as well?

·
Registered
91 CRX and 4-d Civic
406 Posts
Can't wait to see the finished product!

Is it going to be a one-off design or like a normal 4-2-1/4-1 design but with your spin on it?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can't wait to see the finished product!

Is it going to be a one-off design or like a normal 4-2-1/4-1 design but with your spin on it?

i'd rather finish the testing first before I say anything right now. I want to show results before we officially say its ready. This is for real and we're not lagging on this. No pre-orders or hype before its ready. Once we have the product, you pay, you get your header immediately.

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
so ur tough enough to handle the heat, but not tough enough to strong arm the wheels???? :p
It's compatible with my current configuration LOL

Plus Eskimo's can't handle heat normally, but i am part cajun so it all works out for me LOL

1 - 20 of 75 Posts