Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 ek
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how u guys doing....

I bought my honda and the prev owner had a 3.5 exhaust muffler on it, i believe it has a resonator but dam its too dam loud, outside and inside, i cant hear my self talk and my ears are starting to ring at night....

what can i do to reduce this, i dont want a little tiny pipe sticking out, can i keep the tip semi big but make it quite ?? cant take the noise level anymore.

thanks for any advice or help guys (and any ladies on the forum) :yes:

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
It has a 3.5" straight through muffler on it? because that is not doing ANY muffling, lol.

Get a good 2.25" chambered muffler, like a magnaflow or something

·
Registered
hover car
129 Posts
a 3.5" silencer perhaps ? or a glass pipe they work good too

·
Registered
99 ek
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a glass pipe? never heard of those, i'll check it out and see wht i get ; )

·
Registered
hover car
129 Posts
kinda like a resinator, or a muffler, just a long pipe that muffels, not as expensive either

·
Registered
99 ek
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do the silencers really work? because my exhaust is realllly deep sounding, extremely annoying lol

·
Registered
hover car
129 Posts
mine did.......until it fell out on the interstate..i think.. when i hit a bump going onto a bridge...well it fell out somewhere besides my driveway lmao

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
He means a glass pack, which is a straight through muffler, itll be load as shit.
Thos silencers dont work well either.
You need a real chambered muffler if you want a good sound, thats the only way to get rid of the high pitched droning sounds.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
i had a magnaflow on my car and it was super quiet compared to those crappy coffie can ricer mufflers. magnaflow all the way.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
I have silencers with a few holes drilled in them. And the center tube of the silencer drilled full of holes as well. Still flows decent and not as buzzy. Stupid loud without lol

·
Registered
631 Posts
Weld on a stock exhaust and it wont be as loud anymore. Or you might as well just run a stock piping.

·
Registered
99 ek
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what about a "vibrant" some are telling me that they are [pretty good

1 - 14 of 14 Posts