Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a custom design exhaust system that run a JDM Style 4-1 Header, no cat (free flow resonator) and 2 inch cat back.

I think the engine is loosing its exhaust back pressure at low RPM, beacuse it becomes to accelarate faster from 4,500rpm. Do you know anything I can do to it?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I can only assume that you were expecting noticible power gain. You won't feel much @ all or @ least I didn't. I ran a similar setup w/ my 03 lx. Also higher rpm's = faster acceleration and @ 4500 up, your car or any car for that matter, will gain speed much faster. Unless there is a specific problem your car does @ low rpm's such as a sputter or hesitation. By the way, how's your check engine light?

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
jimmyb34 said:
4-1 headers are more for top end, hence power coming on above 4500
if you want lod end/midrange get a 4-2-1
yet again, he said what I was gonna say, 2inch is fine, you shouldnt be losing anything from that, hell I reccommend 2/1/4 on NA and 2.5 inches on boost applications.... but even when I boost im gonna stay with my 2/1/4 catback.... works well.........

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tobias said:
By the way, how's your check engine light?
The MIL (malfunction indicator light) come on instantly, but I already install a MIL eliminator on the secondary oxigen sensor.

B

·
0 Posts
be careful with some of those mil eliminators. i had one mess up on my old 02 lx and it messed up the o2 sensor and made the car run HORRIBLE! Casper electronics makes the best o2 mil eliminators and o2 sensor extensions. they are plug n play but pricey.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
big_daddy_b_99 said:
be careful with some of those mil eliminators. i had one mess up on my old 02 lx and it messed up the o2 sensor and made the car run HORRIBLE! Casper electronics makes the best o2 mil eliminators and o2 sensor extensions. they are plug n play but pricey.
The MIL eliminator is just on the secondary O2 sensor. The secondary is for cat eficiency. Even without the secondary the car must not change at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts