Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
CGP EJ*
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have been noticing more exhaust smoke than normal. Only at idle and a little off the line. It is white in color. It hasn't gotten over 40* outside so I'm hoping its condensation. Will that build up in the exhaust bad enough to still steam a little while in a heated shop?

Also if it happens to be a bad head gasket will it smoke consistently or intermittently?

·
Registered
CGP EJ*
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
C'mon guys its kinda buggin me at this point!

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
When my headgasket blew on my d15 i noticed that it would smoke on startup and a bit while driving, and then after it got really hot from driving there was no smoke until i hit the gas a few times after it ideling for around 5 minutes. Smell the smoke thats coming out, if it's a sweet smell then most likely your head gasket is toast.

·
Registered
CGP EJ*
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesn't smell like coolant but the smell is kinda hard to get a huge whiff of since I'm not running a cat. Kinda burns to smell it.

·
Registered
CGP EJ*
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
at 40 deg I would think it's normal to smoke all the time, if you can see your breath outside your car will do the same.
That's what I thought too. So I pulled it in the shop to see if that is what was going on. That is when I noticed it was still doing it. It wasn't as bad as outside and I did notice some moisture collecting inside the tip of the muffler.

Is it normal to notice more moisture with larger diameter exhaust?

·
Registered
CGP EJ*
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you took the cat out it'll def. smoke more as well.
Also I went to 2.5" ss and a n1 muffler. I also noticed some condensation dripping at the flange for the axle back section. Haven't had the weather to do a compression test but should be able to get that this week.

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
That's what I thought too. So I pulled it in the shop to see if that is what was going on. That is when I noticed it was still doing it. It wasn't as bad as outside and I did notice some moisture collecting inside the tip of the muffler.

Is it normal to notice more moisture with larger diameter exhaust?
Idk about large diamater exhasut but every car i have owned (whether small or large exhaust) that moister will collect at the tip until it's fairly warm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts