Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this has been asked 10 million times but, I'm going crosseyed searching this area for an answer. I have a D15 and am not going to run high boost. I'm trying to figure out what size exhaust to run. I just don't want to do it twice. Is 2" just too small. I'm doing away with the cat because I can get away with it(no emissions). Its a 92 so just 1 O2 sensor on the manifold. I just want a little more pep and keep reliability.

·
Registered
780 Posts
in the land of "go big or go home" i say 4 inch... lol- but speaking realisticly... you dont NEED an aftermarket exhaust... my car has enough 'pep' (well... had...) with stock exhaust.. and a cat...

·
Registered
369 Posts
Same as above. I have 2 1/2 on my y8 sc and it runs good.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
oscarmayer said:
i have a 3" turbo back, but i'm also pushing 20+psi.
hmm i rock a 3" too -the 20psi

by the way is that on pump gas? i have similar goals of 25psi on pump (i kno psi dont really meen much but 500hp)

if so on what compression? i checked your head work can i assume that you had the center compression circle thingy (circle w/ the valves) ground down for less compression?

btw did you hit up a dyno yet?

·
Registered
25 Posts
jimmyb34 said:
and the first thing people do to them is change out the exhaust from what ive seen
basically if your na 2.25 to 2.5 is good. for turbo 2.5 to 3 is good
Werd! couldn't agree more with that...

if you've got a big ass turbo and running high boost go for the 3 inch, but if your sitting on say 7 psi on stock internals or whatever then 2.5 inch would work fine

1 - 20 of 25 Posts