Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as most of the people know, the design of the exhaust is gay and the cat is on the header (well, or whatever you call it)

so i'm guess the below setup is giong to fit

d16y8 header ----> test pipe (or a cat from d16y8 or b16a2) ----> mid pipe from a civic si (so a civic couple) ----> axleback muffler

or

d16y7 header (w/ that stupid cat) ---> test pipe ----> mid pipe from a civic si (civic couple) ----> axleback muffler.

i'm wondering if that's going to be the same length since i know the mid pipe from a hatchback is longer than the couple (since the cat is on the header?) but i'm not 100% sure if it's going to be the same length for the hatchback mid pipe as a couple mid pipe w/ test pipe.

and for those people going to ask y for the 2nd setup, it's mainly for passing the aircare only and nothing else.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
d16y8 header ----> test pipe (or a cat from d16y8 or b16a2) ----> mid pipe from a civic si (so a civic couple) ----> axleback muffler

or

d16y7 header (w/ that stupid cat) ---> test pipe ----> mid pipe from a civic si (civic couple) ----> axleback muffler.
a y8 header on a y7 w/ aftermarket exhaust bolt up (well minor mod to get the angle right), no need for a test pipe/mid pipe.

for instance i had a dc header and apex-i ws2, all i had to do was take it to the exhaust shop to have the angle (first bend, right before the exhaust runs under the shifter) changed to a strait section.

btw: my exhaust was from the "b" pipe/down pipe back on the oem set-up.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Im running a Y8 manifold to a HF cat using my stock midpipe and a flowmaster muffler...I didnt have to do any exhaust bending. A muffler shop will simply cut whats not needed out of the midsection and weld on a cat.

Ohh and I ran this setup without the cat for 2 weeks while waiting for my cat and it sounded BAD. I dont recommend running it without a cat...especially since you will need it for your 2nd O2 sensor.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im running a Y8 manifold to a HF cat using my stock midpipe and a flowmaster muffler...I didnt have to do any exhaust bending. A muffler shop will simply cut whats not needed out of the midsection and weld on a cat.

Ohh and I ran this setup without the cat for 2 weeks while waiting for my cat and it sounded BAD. I dont recommend running it without a cat...especially since you will need it for your 2nd O2 sensor.
when you mean it sounded BAD as it farting or what???

also i won't need a 2nd o2 sensor since i've converted to p28 and obd1, so they don't check that :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts