Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now i have a tanabe hyper medallion exaust(the one that looks like the apexi ws). the piping is 2 1/4 inches, is it possible to go with 2.5-3 inches BUT keep the muffler section of the tanabe exhaust? also, is 3 inches overkill for the greddy 15g turbo?

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
bigger the exhast =more turbine sppoo;l. 3 inhc tfw. i say. im going three inch cusomt, soi say. for the better. go with the biggest exhast you can 3 inch is good all the way back..

oh no's got the spins. ... ya'll 'ready know im for the drunk post.. anyways... og team . less pack [pressuire the better.. let the turbo exhale. theos gasese. sjot i dont know what im poisting.. sorry. this can be deledted/ o tjoml tajt of ypi you have an open exhaist your turbo will flow beter than one with a small exhaust .

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
5,973 Posts
ya, when you run a turbo you need to run bigger diamiter exhaust...

you dont need the back pressure with turbo...

·
Registered
429 Posts
related with exhaust too..

but my setup will be N/A... is 1 7/8 inch piping diameter is too small ? how much better ?oh yeah my header collector is 2 inch

thx

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ya, when you run a turbo you need to run bigger diamiter exhaust...

you dont need the back pressure with turbo...
but can i use the tanabe muffler with a 2.5 or 3 inch piping? i mean can you cut the 2 1/4 inlet off and just weld the bigger size on?

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
5,973 Posts
but can i use the tanabe muffler with a 2.5 or 3 inch piping? i mean can you cut the 2 1/4 inlet off and just weld the bigger size on?
i would say prolly not, unless the muffler is a straight though design and the indside dimentions are what you need... meaning, if the inside is 3 inchs, you maybe able too...

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
bigger the exhast =more turbine sppoo;l. 3 inhc tfw. i say. im going three inch cusomt, soi say. for the better. go with the biggest exhast you can 3 inch is good all the way back..

oh no's got the spins. ... ya'll 'ready know im for the drunk post.. anyways... og team . less pack [pressuire the better.. let the turbo exhale. theos gasese. sjot i dont know what im poisting.. sorry. this can be deledted/ o tjoml tajt of ypi you have an open exhaist your turbo will flow beter than one with a small exhaust .
hahaha you sound like milo

but going from 3" piping to a say 2 1/4" muffler, im thinking youd have a bottleneck restriction in the flow...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts