Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok fellers, here is the question I have. I have a 96 ex as most of you know, now I have the 2/1/4 tsudo N1 catback, I like it, but the muffler needs a diff look, so I ordered a cf megan racing one.... its 2.5 inches on the inlet so I was wondering, to give the muffler the angle I want and what not, would it be ok to just have my mechanic/exhaust guy to do a 2.5 inch from the axle back ro should I just stick with 2/1/4??? would it matter??? Would it sound different??? let me know guys..... thanks!!

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
modsHXcivi said:
If your going to get the parts from Impact.com , that we talked about your going to have a hard time doing a hard angle muff.

also if you plan on doing this, id wait till you get those parts installed....so proper fitment can be done
thats what I planned on doing man, I just need to know if I should go 2/1/4 or 2.5 from the axle back section...... does it make a difference??

·
Registered
956 Posts
I dont think it'll matter. my cat back is like 2 and 1/4 and the axle is like some weird size. I can careless cause its not like im gonna lose 10Hp and 20 lb torque. Its not toooo loud or tooo quiet, just okay to cruise around. hey, you still got the tsudo N1 muffler??

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes I do, itll be available this spring... :) I can put your name on it if youd like, make an offer.....

·
Registered
956 Posts
this spring?? damn, I want it NOW!!...hahaha...How does it sound though??? I dont want to weld it on and have it sounds like a tons of bee stalking me...wanna trade for some stuff?? mugen style sides? if not, I'll give you $70 for it since I'll have to reweld it to my axle since its already angle it

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
red4 said:
i would just keep the exhaust at 2.25" and throw an adapter on the end to go from 2.25" up to 2.5" for the muffler.
sounds like a plan to me, thanks guys, my exhaust guy only gives the cars back after he doesm a perfect job.... perfectionist guy! :) Ill have pics due spring time....

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
should be able to either go from a 2 1/4-2.5 coupler and weld or just flare it and weld it up. either way will be fine. Staying w/ a 2 1/4 piping will probably give you a little mroe backpressure then going w/ a 2.5 setup.
also if you just go from the 2.25 to 2.5 then when he cuts off the current muffler he should be able to put the new one at teh same angle to match if you liked that...

Best of luck w/ yoru choice and share some pics once done...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts