Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Civic Ex Sedan
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of purchasing a DC 4-1 Header, A new Cat from NAPA, and an Apex'i WS2 Cat Back for my 94' Civic Ex Sedan. I used to have a Greddy exhaust on on old civic withj a nice sound but it doesn't seem that Greddy makes exhaust for us anymore.

Anybody think this setup will sound more deep and clean? Any other combinations/suggestions?

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
If you really feel the need to drop the $$ on the apexi, a good exhaust but spendy. Just go to local muffler shop and tell them what size pipe you want and what muffler and tip to use and profit$$$

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
2009 Civic Si Sedan
526 Posts
the ws2 muffler is a standard turbo style muffler, i cut mine open after turbocharging mine do to it being too quiet with the turbo. NA it sound pretty good.

I would save the money and buy a turbo muffler and have a shop weld it up for you.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Get a 20" glass pack and a turbo muffler and put it on from exhaust shop and it won't be too loud and look good. The glass pack cuts down on the rumble/drone at higher RPM and speeds.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
I just went thru this with mine..

The 4-1 has to be a decent one with a decent REAL collector. Not the ebay cheapies with the collector at 45*.
Get the longest resonator you can fit. Im running 2 vibrant 20" on my 3" exhaust.

Everyone says Apexi but for the cost you can get any decent muffler for around 100 bucks. I dont see why people spend 200+ just for a muffler. It doesnt make power. Any turbo style (like pictured above) is a restriction with all the bends in it.

I would suggest a Vibrant stealth/sleeper muffler. great perforations to muffle sound. The magnaflow will rust over time (ask me how i know)

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
"Stainless" steels can rust. Yours was worse than normal, but, man . . . I have yet to have an issue with magnaflow in many installations on many different cars.

I second the glasspack and Magnaflow suggestion.

·
Registered
94 Civic Ex Sedan
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Magnaflow claims 100% Stainless steel.

Apex'i specifies "the highest grade SUS304 Stainless Steel"

I just went through something similar with buying a huge stainless steel stock pot. My wife picked up a "100% stainless steel" pot from ROSS (it looked like garbage compared to my other 18/10 Stainless Steel Cookware). So i returned it :/ and ordered an 18/10 5 Gallon Pot from Amazon for only about $15-$20 dollars more and I can easily tell the quality difference.

In order for something to be considered 100% stainless steel it can be in either the 200-series (or the 300-series like SUS304). Stainless steel, in the 200-series, has less nickel content and more manganese resulting in weak corrosion resistance.

I just learned that on wikipedia and I thought I would share it.

Still haven't made up my mind 100% on the setup I want. And salty air is definitely a factor I have to consider.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Still haven't made up my mind 100% on the setup I want. And salty air is definitely a factor I have to consider.
The vibrant stealth wont rust. its powder coated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts