Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to be boosted @ 8lbs sometime with a HF mani and a t3(.48/.60 60trim) garret on a d16z6. I was wondering what you guys would reccomend as far as downpipe size and exhaust size goes. The car is a weekend car and is NOT going to be a go-fast type of car i guess you could say. I'm aiming for something more along the lines of sleek and subtle.

So the initial idea is to go with a 2.5" from the downpipe to an obx twinloop. I've been seeing a lot of guys going with 3" piping all the way and was wondering about the noise level of piping this size? So i guess i'm trying to kinda see if the power gains from 2.5" to 3" or any other combination will outweigh the louder exhaust note.

·
Registered
835 Posts
the difference between 2.5" and 3" would pretty much only be the amount of turbo lag... im running 2.5" all the way back with no cat and i have no problems boosting at all... but im sure a 3" would make me spool a little faster.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
im going 3 inch, i have a lil turbo greddy 15g. so i wont worry about turbo lag. and since its still a stock comp motor. it isnt a slug outta boost. but im at full boost by 3300 =).

·
Registered
822 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow...so nobody thinks that going with a 3" downpipe all the way to the muffler would be any louder than a 2.5"??? Another problem is that my obx twinloop has a 2.5" inlet. So i dont know if having 3" piping would be pointless because of this or not. Anyone care to chime in? And thanks for the replies so far fellas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts