Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys,
I would like some insight on how you guys are running your exhaust piping, meaning routing it the oem way or angling the exhaust at the gas tank, what would be the best way to run it? I'll be using 2.5 piping for my set up looking for the best mandrel bend exhaust. If you gots pics post them
:rockon:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I went on ebay and bought 2 90 degree mandrel bend piping and a 2.5 exhaust flange for like $45 shipped then bought a resonator and magnaflow muffler on Craigslist for $50. Spent $60 at a local muffler shop called Vinos here in Compton Ca to weld all my pieces together with his 2.5in piping and crush bend one pipe like 30 degrees (didnt look bad at all) where it connects to the muffler. It was the best setup I ever had and sounded way better then sk2 or es tuning IMO. plus it looked stock and was quiet before 3500 rpm. I made 175whp on a stock turbo y7 on 7psi at 6800rpm with this setup. Before it was stock and I made 148whp at 7psi.

Ill never pay more then $200 for a exhaust setup. Im actually going to be doing it again in the next month because I am currently doing another build.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It was on my first del sol. Pretty much the same as your ek but shorter. Damn your setup looks good. I didnt like the bumper rattle so I went to AUTOZONE and bought some Universal metal hangers and replaced the rubber holders.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My bad guys, its for a 99-00 civic coupe I'm looking for the least restriction of flow and bends, its going for my new turbo set up, its all still I'm the works but I want to get the exhaust out of the way, also it really would help to keep it as quiet as possible, how about glass packs any good? What size ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are any of you guys using glass packs?what size would be appropriate for 2.5 piping on my exhaust? i don't want to go too small then I'll restrict flow.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Search makes good mufflers.
I used a search muffler on a google engine and found that extra hp I was looking for they also have aftermarket cats and resonators/glass packs.:sailor:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That looks sweet Danz , whats that an ef? How loud is that? Looks like good flow all the way through. I'm leaning toward the angle exhaust but don't want to get hassled by cops, thanks for the help guys

1 - 16 of 16 Posts