Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna need to get exhaust on my car soon, but I don't know which I should get... I want something not to restrictive, but not fart can loud, inexpensive but not flowmaster or magnaflow cheap, but not hks or apex'i or greddy (even though that would be sweet) expensive, something a lil more mid range, I already have intake and exhaust and will be getting the z6 intake manifold on my b7 and I have a dc header.... and suggestions?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
I'm gonna need to get exhaust on my car soon, but I don't know which I should get... I want something not to restrictive, but not fart can loud, inexpensive but not flowmaster or magnaflow cheap, but not hks or apex'i or greddy (even though that would be sweet) expensive, something a lil more mid range, I already have intake and exhaust and will be getting the z6 intake manifold on my b7 and I have a dc header.... and suggestions?
get some mandrel 2.25" bends from summit, the muffler of your choice and a 3" turbo muffler for a resonator.Take it all to a muffler shop and have them weld it up. The best sounding exhaust systems I've ever heard have bee pieced together.

·
Registered
787 Posts
i say open header

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
um
exhaust shop 2.25inch no res for 150bucks
muffler of your choice buddy club is like 160 i belive

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
keep in mind I don't want that whiny sound, I know it's only a 4 banger not a v8 but I want it to be deep. I also have a possible junkyard turbo setup in the future.....

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
n/a = loud,

unless you buy like a apex or rsr its going to be loud with out a res

·
Registered
721 Posts
if you are goin turbo...you should be damn sure you are, and then go bigger on the exhaust pipe, and keep in mandrel bent, but if you aren't boostin, the crinkle bends from your nearest muffler man aint goin to make or break ya...I'm not sure what pipe is on my lude, the tag says TYPE R, and thats it...and it came with that, and its real deep sounding...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that's got the a20 from the 3rd gen accords right? what kinda mods does it have?
if you are goin turbo...you should be damn sure you are, and then go bigger on the exhaust pipe, and keep in mandrel bent, but if you aren't boostin, the crinkle bends from your nearest muffler man aint goin to make or break ya...I'm not sure what pipe is on my lude, the tag says TYPE R, and thats it...and it came with that, and its real deep sounding...

·
Registered
721 Posts
no, the motor is a b20a5, and the only things I could do when the motor was out was port n polish, and I shaved the head 10 thou, and got the crank and rods balanced...this winter I will be doin the clutch, and I wanna try and find a way to supercharge it...along with the engine mods I got the typical full MSD ignition, short ram intake with K n N filter, 2.5 inch exhaust from the header back, and pacesetter headers

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
n/a = loud,

unless you buy like a apex or rsr its going to be loud with out a res
yep, if you plan on going turbo in the future, whay waste the money on the exhaust now? You're going to have to go bigger with a turbo set up, you could go ahead and do 2.50" or 3" now, but it's going to be loud N/A no matter what you do 'til you put on the turbo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
if ur going turbo save the money cause u'll need 2 replace it when u get the boost. going 2.5 or even 3 now will hurt u on power. going that big with not enuf air pushing through isnt good. a certain amount of bak pressure is useful. remember its air velocity not air volume.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts