Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 civic lx I am trying to find a replcement for my exhaust manifold but im not having any luck finding one that will work with my car. I would like to get a header because the stock manifold on my car will keep cracking because its made from cast-iron. Also it needs 2 o2 sensors. If any one has an ideas let me know.

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
1998civiclx said:
I have a 98 civic lx I am trying to find a replcement for my exhaust manifold but im not having any luck finding one that will work with my car. I would like to get a header because the stock manifold on my car will keep cracking because its made from cast-iron. Also it needs 2 o2 sensors. If any one has an ideas let me know.
This happens to most people with stock in header catalytic convertor's. The stock design was not meant for any spirited driving, just daily commuting.
There was a Honda emissions warranty that extended coverage on this item. You should be able to get it replaced with an OEM unit for minimal charge. If you want to swap your header to aftermarket...you are talking $$. You need a new header, catalytic convertor, and exhaut pipe (muffler should remain relatively the same).

I did this 2 years ago...pm me if you need more help

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Noeladams said:
same thing happened to mine. I replaced it with a dcsports but if I see any I'll let u know ;)
What did you do about the two o2 sensors?

·
Registered
369 Posts
i have a stock one off a 98 ex.. if your interested?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts