Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a manifold that came in a random box of parts. Thing is, I haven't seen this type of manifold on any EF, EG, or EK Civic.

The manifold is strange in that it looks like it has a 4-2-1 flow pattern where all the stock units I've seen are 4-1. But it's gotta be a stock unit, as I've never seen a cast iron aftermarket manifold.

Here are pics.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Attachments

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
544 Posts
Looks like equal port spacing, so i think it's D series. B series have the two outer ports closer to each other.

My car came with a 4-2-1 header, All the JDM 1.6L D series and twin carb 1.5L EF motors came with a 4-2-1 header. Not too sure about the US market spec, but i'm going to say the Si's probably came with a 4-2-1 header too.

Don't really know much about EG / EK.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, hopefully this will fit my wagon. It's a pain finding parts to fit a wagon and even harder finding ones that'll fit a RT4WD wagon.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Comparing pics on RockAuto, that's probably the case.

Interestingly, I have a 1999/2000 D16Y8 head that's going on my D16A6.
Hopefully this bolts right up.
It should. The '99-00 D16Y8 manifold was tubular steel vs the '96-98 cast.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It should. The '99-00 D16Y8 manifold was tubular steel vs the '96-98 cast.
That's because the tubular steel one had a catalytic converter built into it where the cast one had the catalytic under the car.

I'm not worried about the manifold bolting up to the head. I'm worried about it clearing the transmission and transfer case. My wagon is a RT4WD model.

·
Banned
96 civic
17 Posts
Where are you located?

I build headers, i will upload few picks of some Headers/exhaust.

i use 321 stainless for turbo builds ( welds hold high heat)

and use 304 stainless for NA builds.

IF you send me what you need built,
lemme know

read the rules noobie. no buying or selling posts outside of the proper forums. keep it to the pm's

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Its a 96-98 d16y8 manifold

That's because the tubular steel one had a catalytic converter built into it where the cast one had the catalytic under the car.

I'm not worried about the manifold bolting up to the head. I'm worried about it clearing the transmission and transfer case. My wagon is a RT4WD model.
nope. d16y7 had the cat-manifold. none of the d16y8's had the cat underhood, all under car.

99-00 d16y8 manifold is tubular, and better than ebay headers overall, but could use the collector being cut off and a 2 or 2.5 collector welded on

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
You could use the upper manifold, but you'll need to make a new lower manifold to go around the driveshaft kickout.

·
Banned
96 civic
17 Posts
Ive had experience bending cast.

I had same problem with my accord with swap in it.

You have to be very careful not to break the layer of sealant of most cast manifolds.

Ive been using mine for over 1 year as a daily driver and no breaks/leaks in the cast yet.

Took me 4 separate times to get the bend without snapping or chipping the cast but it has been done.

How much do you have to clear? 1'' 2''??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts