Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Ek sedan
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this started only a day ago I havnt done anything different to the car recently besides going straight pipe after smog but that was a week ago. When I'm at a stop or maintaining a certain speed for awhile and decide to accelerate my car holds back like I have no power pops/Boggs then goes away and bam I have power idk what it could be i reset my ecu and that didn't help... Could it be timing?

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Vacuum/Compression/Leak down numbers?

What are the results for spark plug readings?

·
Registered
2000 Ek sedan
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked for codes and nothing popped up except my bank one sensor 2 but that's only cuz I'm straight piped. And I havnt been able to do a compression test yet

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Checked for codes and nothing popped up except my bank one sensor 2 but that's only cuz I'm straight piped. And I havnt been able to do a compression test yet

What are the results for spark plug readings?

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
OBDII? Could be that no cat is messing with your tune. Obd2 cars hate that shit.

·
Registered
2000 Ek sedan
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I'm obd2 and now that I think about it my second sensor is unplugged because no cat and never got an extension for it but I've been running like that for over 6 months could that be it though?

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Yea I'm obd2 and now that I think about it my second sensor is unplugged because no cat and never got an extension for it but I've been running like that for over 6 months could that be it though?
No, post cat is emissions only. Stop guessing and do a proper diagnostic.

What are the spark plug readings?

·
Registered
2000 Ek sedan
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So car seemed to be getting worse so I went to read my codes again and I ended up getting a misfire in cylinder 1 and 3 turns out it was my distributer cap and rotor that I need to replace no runs perfect

1 - 10 of 10 Posts