Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I bought an ebay header for my d16z6 and my exhaust leaks are horrrible and I believe they are my gaskets, ebay gives shitty gaskets with the header...good deal though for them..Only thing does anyone know where I can buy very good gaskets to replace them and knowing they will fit? Please let me know thanks...

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
mr gasket at your local auto store thats where i got mine $1.50 or so

·
Registered
229 Posts
while walking aimlessly around pep boys one day a few years ago. I had come across a diy gasket maker. It came with a couple of different gasket sheets in varing thickness & a razor blade (almost exacto knive)

maybe something like this will work?

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts
if its the manifold to head gasket then just get a steel one from any parts store. if its the 4-2 section on the manifold i could never get the leak to stop so i just had a friend weld the flanges together and its been fine since. if its the manifold to cat gasket, they have the led (or whatever soft metal it is) o-rings at any parts store.

i've gotten some of the diy gasket material before and still have most of it sitting in the garage. the stuff i got was garbage and blew out within the first 5 minutes.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ebay didn't give you gaskets.
ya I got gaskets its just they are terrible..I have way to much leaking in the front..obnoxious...Not sure if it leaks from the top part of the header..but it prolly does not sure yet because its coming a lot from half way down. the part of the header where its a two piece..I know its shot they break so easily..so what should I do to replace? make one from auto store like advanced auto? its a two hole gasket.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if its the manifold to head gasket then just get a steel one from any parts store. if its the 4-2 section on the manifold i could never get the leak to stop so i just had a friend weld the flanges together and its been fine since. if its the manifold to cat gasket, they have the led (or whatever soft metal it is) o-rings at any parts store.

i've gotten some of the diy gasket material before and still have most of it sitting in the garage. the stuff i got was garbage and blew out within the first 5 minutes.
anything I can do beside welding? I do not have one...

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts
i tried everything i could think of and nothing worked. just take it off (15 mins of work MAX) and get a friend to drive you to a welding/fab shop. they should be able to weld it up in 15 minutes or less and it shouldn't cost more than $25 unless they have a minimum labor charge or something.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i tried everything i could think of and nothing worked. just take it off (15 mins of work MAX) and get a friend to drive you to a welding/fab shop. they should be able to weld it up in 15 minutes or less and it shouldn't cost more than $25 unless they have a minimum labor charge or something.
hmm okay...I will see...might have to do that

·
Registered
157 Posts
You can make your own gaskets, except I'm brain dead and can't think of the materials name you use. You put a few layers on and it sort of molds i guess you could say. or you could just jiZZ on it

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You can make your own gaskets, except I'm brain dead and can't think of the materials name you use. You put a few layers on and it sort of molds i guess you could say. or you could just jiZZ on it
lol no someone on here said that making your own for that two piece part is terrible..thanks though...freakin welding lol we will c

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
welding the 4-2 part will make removal of the header difficult down the road.

i would try a gasket first
ya I know but what gasket? I dont think going with the ones you can make from parts store would be that good any sites that could match up and be very good?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts