Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cheap ass has found an exhaust for my 00 EX. Only thing is that the exhaust I found is listed for a 96-00 DX Coupe. As far as I knew they mount the same under the car and have the same bends. I also know websites selling things don't always give the best descriptions or pics. Let a brotha' know so I can justify this purchase!

B

·
0 Posts
That is not exactly correct. The Y7 (DX) header has the catalytic converter integrated into the header itself, while the Y8 (EX) has the cat post header. If the item you are looking at does not have a catalytic converter integrated into it, than they are full of shit and it is an EX header. No one makes an aftermarket high performance header for the Y7 that I know of, so if it is an aftermarket styl-e header for a 96-00 civic, you can pretty much bet that it will be an EX header.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't say header. I'm talking about AFTER the header. From the downpipe on the Y7 to the muffler and from the cat. on the Y8 to the muffler. If it's slightly different in length I'll make it fit, but if there are any other noticible differences that's what I'm wondering. $300 for a World Sport exhaust, NEW. that's why.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, either my topic is incredibly trivial or no one can help. damn. Fuqit, I'll go ahead and order it anywho.

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
dx coupe will not directly bolt to an ex.

since the dx/lx use the header that has the cat in it, the "cat back" section is different.

the dx one will be longer than the ex. so you could have the pipe cut and have a new flange welded on then it should work, but saving 100 dollars, then spending 50 + bucks on cutting/welding and voiding all possible warranties.

I just got my world sport 2 off of ebay for 405 shipped. just something to think about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts