Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's for an aftermarket exhaust system so the diameters won't match up, also, they'd probably rape me on the price; but thanks anyways. Anyone else?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I was thinking as well, but again, I figure they would charge too much probably. I was wanting a website to buy them from becuase I figured it's a cheap part, to get, and I don't need a specific "name brand" gasket.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, the problem is I have an annoying ass exhuast leak. I get this hissing sound from the exhaust at around 3,000 rpms if I give it some gas. I just changed out my crush donut gasket in front of my cat, and the flat 3 bolt hole gasket behind the cat the other day to no avail, it's still leaking, so I have a few more possiblities of where it could be leaking:

-The flat two bolt hole gasket where the two sections of my b-pipe meet
-The crusth donut gasket between the muffler and the b-pipe
-The exhaust manifold gasket, which I doubt, because the hissing sounds as if it's coming from under the shift boot.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jack it up, have a friend give it some gas, and feel around for the leak or listen.
Done that, for whatever reason it's undetectable that way, the only way I can hear it is when I'm actually driving the car. Maybe we just didn't look hard enough. I dunno.

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
i'd say drop the whole thing and inspect it. near a leak if it's been ongoing you should be able to see some deposits like a spray from where the leak is. also you could put your hand over the muffler temporarily blocking the gases which will cause some pressure to build up and will be forced out of any leaks quite noticeably. just don't block it for too long.

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
i got mr. gasket

1 - 13 of 13 Posts