Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Acura EL
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everybody, I have roamed d series for years, but last summer i had a custom exhaust made and it sounds nice but much too large of a inside diameter at points with crush bends and a vibrant stealth muffler and vibrant high performance catalytic converter, anyways looking for a cleaner and quieter setup. That was the only thing i have ever taken my car to a shop for and dont want too again.

It is a d16y8, 1999 honda civic sedan. PS edelbrock intake manfiold... and more

Anyway so I am preparing a new exhaust system. I already have in my possession a DC two piece header 4-2-1 which has a 2 inch collector. I also have a yonaka catback which has a 2.36 I.D (I know too large, but it has very clean welds and was a good price with mendral bends, would have preferred 2.25) Both of these parts are brand new and not modified in any way.

OPTION ONE:
I was planning on buying a 2.25 flowmaster high flow catalytic converter or yonaka 2.25 catback. And add a flange to connect to the collector on the header which is 2 inchs in diameter I have found many such adapters that i can use a exhaust clam and done however this is where i run into a problem, finding a 2.25 3 bolt exhaust flange with piping, as i do have a flux core welder, but if i can weld one less weld, that means less imperfections.

Question: where do people get there 3 bolt flanges for their Honda?

OPTION TWO: Which i would rather go with.

"Magnaflow 22628" a direct fit catalytic converter.

I was thinking about this part to prevent any meddling on my part but i cant find any inside diameter specifications, some people say its larger then stock but i cant find any numbers. No point of me purchasing it if its stock diameter and will be just a bottleneck to a otherwise free flowing system.

I have only started one other thread in years, but i couldnt find any good place to put this question besides the noob forum.

·
Registered
1999 Acura EL
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump, should this post be placed in naturally aspirated? I dont want to put it there and get flamed for it haha

I just would like to know if anybody knows the specs of the 22628 catalytic converter. I want to find a direct fit that has a 2 inch I.D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Most if not all "direct fit" cats are going to have the same inlet and outlet size as the stock exhaust hence being "direct fit." Its not hard to find a generic high flow that has the sizes you want be welded into your system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts