Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My motor jerked so hard my muffler came out of the hangers lol. I definitely need to do something with the mounts. Which mounts are most importing for torque motion front to back? Im a cheap bastard so Im thinking about doing the homemade urethane mounts with window weld. Anyone have experience with this?

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
I've seen someone here do DIY about hard weld mounts. Innovative seems to be a little cheaper nowadays, but i use hasports. There's some used floating around from time to time

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Who won? Lol! If your mounts are moving that much then the rubber may be broken SK new mounts will be needed. You can buy OEM style replacements and add the window wield to reinforce them but the originals sound like they are past it.

·
Registered
795 Posts
The originals can be completely ripped and destroyed it doesnt really matter as long as you have the sleeves. Window weld the hell out of them, smooth with your finger and it looks damn near stock.

I ran window weld filled mounts for years and it works great, very little movement and very little vibrations. Do it! $20 bucks and a few hours

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Which mounts are most importing for torque motion front to back?
Window Weld FTW
There are a lot of write ups about filling your mounts. Google, or search here.

As for what mounts handle torque, you need to address the rear (trans) mount, and the 2 smaller front mounts.

Odds are mounts 12 and 13 are either shot, or have been removed, and 8 has probably seen better days. You can get a full 5 mount repalcement set for around $100 and fill them with 2 tubes of window weld, or if the engine and trans mounts are good just buy a good solid set of torque mounts (maybe get an insert for the rear trans mount).

Replacing just the torque mounts will keep in car vibrations to a minimum, but resolve your issue... and probably some other issues you may not be aware of.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Who won? Lol! If your mounts are moving that much then the rubber may be broken SK new mounts will be needed. You can buy OEM style replacements and add the window wield to reinforce them but the originals sound like they are past it.
I pulled like 3-4 cars on the s2k even though I was spinning tires in first and second and I had a full engine block in my trunk lol

Window Weld FTW

As for what mounts handle torque, you need to address the rear (trans) mount, and the 2 smaller front mounts.

Replacing just the torque mounts will keep in car vibrations to a minimum, but resolve your issue... and probably some other issues you may not be aware of.
Thanks that is exactly what I wanted to know.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I pulled like 3-4 cars on the s2k even though I was spinning tires in first and second and I had a full engine block in my trunk lol

Window Weld FTW

Thanks that is exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts