Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am going turbo, and looking to stay on a budget. I am looking to purchase an ebay exhaust system. However I am a father and refuse to drive without a cat. Also I am too old for a 4" tip lol...

What I want to do is use an ebay dp, to a cat, cut the ricer muffler and replace with a vibrant unit. I was wondering what you guys thought about using exhaust clamps in lieu of flanges. There would be 3 points on the exhaust where there would be no flanges used (dp to cat, cat to piping, piping to exhaust)... Let me know guys...

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^no... I don't want to have long pieces of piping from turbo to exhaust... I could weld it, could weld on flanges, but I am trying to explore all options...

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
that would work but i would go with welding especially if you know how
would proly be cheaper

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
im sorry if you had one welding would be cheaper i was confused i need to go to bed

·
Registered
A space ship
628 Posts
Im running the clamps and I am regretting it. Its easy for set up and a temp but flamges would be better. If I was you I would bring your stuff to a shop and have them weld it. I too am on a budget but I believe doing it right is worth the bit of extra cash.

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
I run band clamps all the time for race cars . . . never had one on something that saw a lot of miles though.

I have never had a problem with them, just pop you a tack on the pipe, slide over the clamp and tighten it down.

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Not a fan of exhaust clamps myself. They tend to rust out/break. Autozone used to sell exhaust pipe sections with flanges on them for ~$10. Might check over in their exhaust repair isle if you have a autostoned around close by

1 - 10 of 10 Posts