Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
98 honda civic LX
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 1.6 lx civic and want to go headers any mods or o2 sensor repositioning i need to do when i put the pipes on?

·
Registered
1997 Honda CRV
417 Posts
not really maybe lengthening the wires on the o2 sensors. the nuts on the exhaust manifold studs are gunna be a bitch to get off. Use a lot of penetrating oil to get them off, if you have an impact wrench that will make it a lot easier. that bracket coming off the block to the exhaust and to the intake manifold can be a bitch aswell. other than that its a fun process. Post pictures.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
My header came with the O2 wire extention harness. Besides most have O2 bungs located on the collector of the header, and/or on one of the primary tubes itself, atleast for 92-95s.

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
D16y7

What kind of Header are you going with??

There's 2 ways of doing this.

1. Remove your y7 Exhaust Manifold and Install your aftermarket Header. Go to a Muffler Shop and have them put a Catalytic Converter with whatever Size Exhaust you're going with. While they're at it, tell them to put a bung after your Cat. so you can put your secondary o2 Sensor.

2. Buy Everything Aftermarket for a Ex and put it on yourself.
Header, Cat. and Exhaust. And then tap after the Cat. for your secondary o2 sensor.

Which ever way your go, you just need to extend the Wires for the Secondary o2.

Now do work and Post Pics :bigok:

·
I survived code 9
1998 Honda Civic DX
1,662 Posts
Here's what I did...bolt up new header...extend my wiring to go into the secondary bung on the header.

Drove open header to my shop (took careful planning to make an appointment)

had 2.25 piping done through a magnaflow res.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
password JDM sells an o2 extender harness already made if you dont wanna deal with it all, i just ordered one myself. 26 with free shipping a nifty laynard

·
Registered
98 honda civic LX
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wel i was planing on gettin an e-bay header cause all the headers i see have pretty much have the same dimensions all mandrel bent tubing its just a name thats all that i saw on the pipes that seperate em. as for my 1 "one" header...cause everybody is a comic ....lol......yeah its a 98 civic 1.6 lx and ill get pics as soon as i get a camera going....thanx for the help guys!

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
Cool.

thanks for that.

When I do my Exhaust, I will look into that :td:
ya i should have it tomorrow actually ill take pics of it.

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
headerS? i want to know what 1.6 honda motor you have, because mine only allows me to run ONE header
dude you havent seen my set up then... I have my first one on and then i thrashed the rest of the exhaust and attached the dp side of the second one to the dp side of the main one and routed all that for side exhaust. 4mini mufflers man! lol. hope that makes sense

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
he didnt ask about mufflers he asked about a header, so no one said anything

1 - 18 of 18 Posts