Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now my brake pedal is excessively hard. when i put my snow tires on i noticed the r/r drum was seized, wheel cylinder was extended fully, reduced star adjuster and pushed wheel cyl back in and re-installed everything. drum turned with little drag after re-installing.

If this drum is seized again would it be cause the brake pedal to be excessively hard due to it always being applied pretty much?

How do i fix this? is the wheel cyl bad? or do i need a new hardware kit? pads are fairly new, not sure if a new hardware kit was installed then or not. I'm guessing not.

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys.

D

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Does it feel like you can't push the pedal like an old manual brake setup? If that's the case you either have a bad booster or a vacuum leak to the booster.

Reactions: d fabulous

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it feel like you can't push the pedal like an old manual brake setup? If that's the case you either have a bad booster or a vacuum leak to the booster.
Yup, i will investigate tomorrow. I knew i should have taken the booster from the civic i dropped at the wreckers earlier this week! :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts