Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks! I need some help!

As title, actually it is the second time now, I had a second one replaced about 2 months ago. And it is doing the same again now.

Here's the story: There're some scratching noise coming from the dizzy, and the engine light came on few times, with fault on TDC sensor. So I took it apart and discovered there's a lot of play on the shaft, and it is a bit stiff & makes the noise while I try to turn it.

I had this D16Z6 rebuilt about 5 months ago, and everything went ok, except there's a leak at the valve seal, which I shoulda change them in the first place!!:???:

Anyway, here's the questions
1)will lack of oil do such damage?? (it does need top up when every 300km and it can't be floored, otherwise, it'll be dried out! And it has been running with low oil level for few times when I travel somewhere far!)
2)does the shaft needs to be greased?
3)or will it down to the camshaft?? how can i check if it is bended or not?

many many thx. & much appricated!!;-)

Terry

·
Banned
939 Posts
Low oil won't damage your dizzy.
The scratching noise you hear is the shaft bearing coming apart.
The code for the TDC is because the metal from the bearing failure is now attatched to the sensor.
I wrote an article on rebuilding a dist on hondaperf.org last year (crx website). It's not under my name as I wasn't the one who added it to the archive list. The bearing my be different for your model but the repair should similar. Good luck.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi, I've found the post, very useful information there! many many thx!!!

·
Banned
939 Posts
My pleasure. 10 years of 2 CRX's introduce a person to a bunch of oddball stuff. Be careful of that ignitor and good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts