Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just been gifted my mom's 85 Ballade (pop up) I believe it's a SC9 or something. Anyways, it has a 1.5 carb 12v engine, which is running perfectly and its been well maintained since new. No oil use whatsoever.

I initially wanted to drop a B16 in there for giggles and just run around with that as a toy, but I'm not so sure. I think 150hp or so could be a good number, considering the brakes are 30 years old.

So I'd like to give it a little bit more pep under the bonnet. Not crazy hp, just enough to make it fun. Maybe eventually get to the brakes and suspension and track it every now and then. Maybe.

Some ideas :

D15 Vtec (fun?)
D16?
Turbo D?

Can I run any D series with the stock gearbox?

What would you do?

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
371 Posts
Why not keep it as nice as possible in stock condition? By the time you pass it on to your own offspring, it will be worth a tidy sum.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've actually decided to do just that.

The car is 100 % original but needs a good clean. 33 years of grubbiness ads up. I'd like to see if I can have the seats deep cleaned too. The only thing I need right now is a left rear mud flap (gone AWOL) and either put the OEM Becker stereo back or find a replacement USB unit.

Maybe I'll get a resto thread going.

Modding it to FI or dropping in anything significant is a major PTA. I don't want to go side draughts either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts