Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I had a turbo built for me by mhamrick. It has a 14b 6cm turbine with an evo X 16g compressor wheel and cover. I was wondering if anyone ever ran this setup up before. We discussed that the 14b hot side would help with spool while the evo X compressor wheel would help with top end. Anyone have an idea what the limits of this turbo would be hp wise? He told me it would be good for a setup shooting for ~300-350hp. Anyone other thoughts on this? I was curious if I should opt for the 7cm turbine or stick with the 6cm. Any suggestions? I am shooting for ~325hp.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The compressor wheel doesn't spin as freely as it should. I thought that it might have been because there hasn't been any oil in the turbo yet. Is that normal? I have not installed the turbo yet, I have been holding on to it for a couple of years now and am ready to start building.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
That thing should spin like a TOP. What BeerDrinkin said, be careful. Also, I've never heard of that combo........I also don't know anything about the evo x turbo though. I would have tried to find an evo 8 turbo. Mmmmmm fun.

Also I would think that a 14b turbine would run out of breath/pump a bunch of hot air when reaching those hp levels.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He had to custom machine the compressor side for everything to fit. At the time I ordered two turbos from him, a t3 60 trim .48/.42. That one spun fine and worked great until I sold it. I will try adding some oil and see if the wheel spins this weekend.

BigJnWorldWide: I was thinking the same thing, that was why I was considering upgrading to the 7cm housing.

Btw when I dealt with him, he was very chill and I do not have any real complaints about the transaction. I saw the other threads and am lucky I didn't lose my money.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
The 14b and 16g's all have the same turbine size. That compressor is a bit smaller than the big 16g, so it will flow more than a super60 T3 for instance. The turbine is much smaller than a stg3 T3 wheel, so it will be okay with either 6cm or 7cm housing. I'd go with the larger housing, since the compressor and turbine are already fairly small by Honda-owner standards.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 14b and 16g's all have the same turbine size. That compressor is a bit smaller than the big 16g, so it will flow more than a super60 T3 for instance. The turbine is much smaller than a stg3 T3 wheel, so it will be okay with either 6cm or 7cm housing. I'd go with the larger housing, since the compressor and turbine are already fairly small by Honda-owner standards.
Perfect, I will be on the hunt for a 7cm housing. Has anyone ever used a kinugawa housing?

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I have one with there internal wastegate actuator setup for my 16g, the turbo is out getting rebuilt and the car is in the body shop. may be a while before I run it... got a sweet deal on that K&N also $20 brand new in the box .....

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have one with there internal wastegate actuator setup for my 16g, the turbo is out getting rebuilt and the car is in the body shop. may be a while before I run it... got a sweet deal on that K&N also $20 brand new in the box .....

Oooh nice. Let me know how well that wastegate works. I was also considering using an internal wastegate. How much power are you planning to make?

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I don't realy have a power goal. im just going to throw the 260 cam in , run it at 15psi and call it a day. my main thing is to just make more power than a K20A so some of these guys with K swaps can see that they wasted there money lol...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't realy have a power goal. im just going to throw the 260 cam in , run it at 15psi and call it a day. my main thing is to just make more power than a K20A so some of these guys with K swaps can see that they wasted there money lol...
Awesome I kept telling my uncle to stay with his z6 and turbo it. I ended up building him an lsv from the ground up. Now that he sees me finally starting my build he wishes he kept the z6. I took the z6 from him haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts