Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I really want to use evo 8 turbo on my vitara build, and I don't know if I should buy a t3 manifold and then buy evo 8 to t3 adapter plate they sell on ebay for $99. Or I was thinking about buying evo 8 turbo manifold and replacing evo 8 exhaust flange with d16 exhaust flange. I wanted to know the specs on evo 8 exhaust flange compared to d16 flange to see if spacing for exhaust ports is close enough. If anybody has pics of two flanges compared or the specs, or if anyone tried it, that would be nice.

Here is a pic of evo 8 manifold I was planning to buy

And here is a link to adapter plate on ebay

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

·
Registered
4,006 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
the runner spacing will not be the same most likely..
even if it is those ebay manifolds are so thin they can barely support a adapter flage on the end of it budget goes to fail if you have to buy a new one every week

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you add bracing to an SS auto manifold it will last.. for a while... but normally you'll have to redo the collector welds as well... I understand budgets but don't rush getting the right parts the first time.. the runners won't line up correctly either from an evo to a single cam.... unless your a fabricator to redo the runners.. but then you've just gone over budget from what you could have done and just bought the right manifold the first time

·
Registered
274 Posts
If you add bracing to an SS auto manifold it will last.. for a while... but normally you'll have to redo the collector welds as well... I understand budgets but don't rush getting the right parts the first time.. the runners won't line up correctly either from an evo to a single cam.... unless your a fabricator to redo the runners.. but then you've just gone over budget from what you could have done and just bought the right manifold the first time
x2

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the tips. I'm probably going to toss the evo 8 manifold idea and keep searching to see what I end up with.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
If you add bracing to an SS auto manifold it will last.. for a while... but normally you'll have to redo the collector welds as well...

untrue....i have seen several first hand ebay manifolds where the runners strait blew out....like the peice of pipe blew itself up....welds were all fine

·
Registered
67 Posts
untrue....i have seen several first hand ebay manifolds where the runners strait blew out....like the peice of pipe blew itself up....welds were all fine
I've never seen that happen...but ya know it never hurts to hear the other stores... the thickness of the materials used to create the runners, i wouldn't doubt they would split under the right conditions... but i've seen the welds crack and seperate before the metal fatigues and fails

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
You have to build a custom manifold or buy one from . . . dangit. There's a company that makes them.

Anyway, you can't use a log manifold on a twin scroll turbo, unless you want to run it like a normal open scroll turbo, which is just plain dumb.

You could do it with a mini-ram, though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You have to build a custom manifold or buy one from . . . dangit. There's a company that makes them.

Anyway, you can't use a log manifold on a twin scroll turbo, unless you want to run it like a normal open scroll turbo, which is just plain dumb.

You could do it with a mini-ram, though.
That's one of the reasons why I wanted to use evo 8 manifold with d16 exhaust flange, to utilize twin scroll function of that turbo.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Yup! That's it.

Custom manifolds SHOULDN'T be cheap. Even a simple log manifold needs to have the time put into it to line everything up, fit everything correctly, prep it for welding, and have it welded correctly. Time is money for these things. Cheap means that corners are being cut, and that, in turn, means you aren't getting the best performance. Sometimes that isn't a big deal, but other times, it is.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the link 90dirydsi. I emailed them and will wait for a reply to see if the manifold is within my budget, which it probably isn't :lol:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.