• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So persons thinking about running a evo8/9 turbo and wants to retain all factory accessories, a/c, power steering etc. There is a manifold available for purchase. The persons who sell this manifold are willing to offer group buy 4-5 for the price of $500, Normal price is $650. Would any of you members be willing to purchase these manifold?
Info on the manifold:
The Honda Evolved turbo manifold.

These days it is all about spending your hard earned $ wisely. If you want to boost your Honda B-Series or D-Series while stretching your green backs as far as possible, then we have what you want! CTD Fab has designed and fabricated a custom manifold based around the Twin Scroll EVO 8 and 9 turbochargers for a range of chassis’ which retains all accessories such as air conditioning, power steering, etc. Combine this manifold with an EVO turbo and you will get an extremely responsive, 300-700+whp setup!
PICS

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice routing on the manifold. But im good.

If I wouldnt have purchased my manifold already, I would have most likely been interested.

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
Great manifold, but the price is hitting some people. Like others, Ill have access to a welder when I get back in country. Id be down to buy this if the price could be adjusted, but the price in my mind would probably need at least 20-40 extra people in a group buy

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great manifold, but the price is hitting some people. Like others, Ill have access to a welder when I get back in country. Id be down to buy this if the price could be adjusted, but the price in my mind would probably need at least 20-40 extra people in a group buy
which is?

·
Registered
349 Posts
That's actually a great price for the quality and low quantity these are probably sold in.

If I didn't already have all the material to build my own, I would consider buying it.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
its not that we dont want it. this isd-series where everyone makes their own shit to save some bucks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would be in if the price was in the $3-400 range. 400 being the absolute cut-off.

i really cant believe no one makes this manifold. i think that if you built it more people would be into it. with how available the 16g is and the amount of people that are broke (like me) they would sell like crazy in this price range.

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
You are talking to the D-series crowd, who generally want to buy something off of eBay for less than one quarter of the price of the original, better made part.

That manifold is worth every penny of $650. THAT price is fantastic. $500 is just ridiculously good for that quality, too. Having been working on some headers of my own for a while, I don't think I would ever sell a header for less than $700, and that is for a mild steel header, not even stainless or coated. The time it takes to do everything is much more than most people realize until they try to do something on their own.

Also, many people want larger turbos for whatever reason. I happen to think that for a street driven car, the Evo turbos are a really good match.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Also, many people want larger turbos for whatever reason. I happen to think that for a street driven car, the Evo turbos are a really good match.
That's what I've been telling him. After his last turbo, that was way to huge, I think he finally understands. I'm the stupid guy with the small turbo. :bigok:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.