Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title states has anyone ever used a t25 garrett turbo on a stock ls motor? I just got it today in a trade and have done some research. Some say it works great and others say it robs stock power and won't even perform as good stock without it hmmmm. Just trying to see if it's worth using or selling. thx

Attachments

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
what do you want out of it? it sgonna blow hot air for any kind of real power on a B series lol the exhaust is so tiny it robs any high end power where hondas are made to.but it will make more power than stock yes.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hell yea thx I think I'm gonna try for a little bit bigger

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ehh that's pretty damn good but I'd like to atleast brk 11s

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
=/

Is it really all that hard to figure out what other cars that run 11s do and copy them?

A T25 on an LS will be a heck of a lot of fun on the street. The torque will fall off by 5K, though. Not horribly, but enough to make it feel like a 2.0L WRX on a completely stock tune. (That's not a good thing, IMO.) If you want 11s, you have to spend some money or some time. You make the choice.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
need one with a bigger turbine housing ;) t28 .86 ar turbine/housing

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that's what I'm trying to get now and no it's not really that hard to copy someone, like I said I got this in a trade and was seeing if I could use it that's all. No need for smart comments

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll keep my eyes open thx

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
try getting ahold of a volvo t3, its not much bigger but on a stock ls it should have just enough room for you to make power to factory rev limit.

Squirrel Performance

thats a turbo calc i like to use when thinking about different setups. try plugging in a t3 50 trim on a 1.8l, it'll give you a good idea of what you need
see told you! T3 is what you want. btw you the dude i was talking to in the Roanoke import group?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea that's me and I"m getting a full turbo kit in a trade on friday it's a t3 I believe, 57 trim, 1000cc inj, intercooler and piping, oil lines, cast mani, turbo timer, wg, bov, the works everything I need. I already have a mtx-L bnib wideband waiting to go on and I'm getting my p28 rechipped now for 02 delete. Should be a decent amount of power on stock internals. I'll let you guys know how it goes and I'll document the barter turbo build lol without spending a penny

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
sweet. those people on the roanoke group...most are clueless.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a full bolt on b16. slapped a cheap kit together around a t25 I got off a friend with dsm 450's and a crome basemap. Untuned, i put down 221whp at 10psi.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts