Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE!!! MORE PICS!!!

So i've noticed that there was oil in/on the BOV. It's also all over the engine bay. :(

Is this blow-by or whatever it's called? What caused this?

Am i going to have to by-pass the pcv system to fix this?

Someone give me some words of wisdom!!! i'm frustrated!!!!

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Is your valve cover hooked to you intake pipe? I would say that would be cause more than the pcv, I may be wrong though.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is your valve cover hooked to you intake pipe? I would say that would be cause more than the pcv, I may be wrong though.
nope, I have a breather on the valve cover. and i just replaced the pcv valve.

·
The H Badge is it!
5,657 Posts
yeah the pcv valve only vents the crankcase undervacuum... since you're under boost the pressure just builds and blows by ur rings... get a catchcan asap.. or at least unhook the line and plug the nipple on the i/m..

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its that cheap turbo. youve blown the seals buddy. take off your charge piping, i bet its full of oil dude
seriously? it wouldn't have anything to do with the pcv system then?

·
Registered
288 Posts
nah man, only tiny amounts of oil come through the pcv system. if your blowing that much oil through the pcv, your car would probably have a blown motor( is the car runing ok?). take off teh ic piping at the turbo dude i bet its full of oil

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nah man, only tiny amounts of oil come through the pcv system. if your blowing that much oil through the pcv, your car would probably have a blown motor( is the car runing ok?). take off teh ic piping at the turbo dude i bet its full of oil
FUCK!!!

how will this affect the motor? it's probably been doing it for about 4 or 5 days now. thats the last time i looked under my hood and it was clean then.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
FUCK!!!

how will this affect the motor? it's probably been doing it for about 4 or 5 days now. thats the last time i looked under my hood and it was clean then.
It could fuck it up, if you burn to much oil...get it checked asap

·
Registered
288 Posts
well you engin is sucking up massive amounts of oil. a little fromthe pcv is ok, but shit loads like that is bad. oil does burn up, so it may give you sluggish performance, but if its leaking a lot, im sure hydrolock could occur, thats bad.

if your pcv is blowing out that much oil and the turbo turns out to be ok, then your rings or pistons are toast. this would be obvious though because your car would run really shitty and smoke all over the place.

i think its the turbo from what your showing us, im sure you would have mention smoke if it was apparent.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well you engin is sucking up massive amounts of oil. a little fromthe pcv is ok, but shit loads like that is bad. oil does burn up, so it may give you sluggish performance, but if its leaking a lot, im sure hydrolock could occur, thats bad.

if your pcv is blowing out that much oil and the turbo turns out to be ok, then your rings or pistons are toast. this would be obvious though because your car would run really shitty and smoke all over the place.

i think its the turbo from what your showing us, im sure you would have mention smoke if it was apparent.
yea man there's no smoke, just a bad smell when the car gets really hot. I thought the smell was my stock cat getting burned.

I don't even notice a performance difference!

·
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!
3,148 Posts
bad smell is oil burning in your turbo, i bet. did you do a cooldown after you drive teh car, to make sure you're not leaving hot oil to cook in the turbo?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
that sucks man! i can't believe that much oil got through the charge pipes and IC... i'd recommend just throwing on a SRI until you get a new turbo...

·
yellow bar for me
3,572 Posts
ya id say thats definatly your turbo. the pcv system wouldnt put oil in the charge pipes if you have a breather on the valve cover.

·
CR-Vtakin
11,459 Posts
Whats funny is that when I blew the ringlands on all 4 pistons, my car barely smoked and ran just fine. Check everything and hope you didnt break the ringlands like I did. I had oil coming out of every place it possibly could when it blew.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bad smell is oil burning in your turbo, i bet. did you do a cooldown after you drive teh car, to make sure you're not leaving hot oil to cook in the turbo?
yea, i've always let it cool down a few minutes after whompin on it.

that sucks man! i can't believe that much oil got through the charge pipes and IC... i'd recommend just throwing on a SRI until you get a new turbo...
what's an SRI?

ya id say thats definatly your turbo. the pcv system wouldnt put oil in the charge pipes if you have a breather on the valve cover.
yea, unfortunetly i think it is too! :(

Whats funny is that when I blew the ringlands on all 4 pistons, my car barely smoked and ran just fine. Check everything and hope you didnt break the ringlands like I did. I had oil coming out of every place it possibly could when it blew.
how'd you break the ringlands? too much boost? ;)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts