Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not looking for anything crazy, just decent, preferably under $75. (If I was going to spend more, I'd just likely get a set of Memphis coaxes that I love in my Legend.)

I have no idea WTF is good anymore. What can you guys recommend?

Here is what I consider requirements:
Must fit without too much mucking about in the stock CRX door holes/whatever.
I prefer silk or textile domes.
Should last a while

That's about it. I will likely be driving them off of a small two channel amp. I wouldn't expect more than 20-35W going to them, so I guess efficiency is a plus.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Infinity Reference series are nice. I drive mine straight off the head unit and they are very clear and decently punchy.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't really like what I'm reading about the current Alpine Type S, and it is more than I want to spend.

I'm looking at a $50 set of Pioneers. heh I really don't need fancy right now.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
Just make sure they are shallow enough. I used to run into issues with mid range drivers up front. I couldn't roll my windows all the way down...lol

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
Then you may run into grille issues!

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Polk Audio 612" Coaxial Loudspeakers with PolyMica Cones Pair DXI650 - Best Buy

these are falsely advertised at 100rms/200 peak when its really 60rms/160peak.

I emailed BB about the typo and they still havent fixed it. The pics of the back of speaker would confirm model# and RMS which is conveniently missing. I find it sad that they resort to false advertising to move their products.

No reply from BB. If I spent the 100 on them I would be really pissed. but for 40 shipped, its livable.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I likely would have bought those instantly. heh

Crutchfield has much nicer speakers for $100, I'm just not sure if the extra money is going to make much of a difference in my CRX which is just a hollow shell right now. LOL!

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
The more I research the topic (I'm in the same boat as you Beaver, want a basic stereo setup, nothing "fancy", but sounds good), the more I lean toward the Infinity Reference, figure if it's worth spending $50 on, it's worth spending the extra $30 to get the best ones...

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I refuse to use anything under a 6.5" speaker, since I am only going to have two up front.

The thing I don't like about the Infinities is that they seem to be built with needing a subwoofer in the system, which, right now, I am not going to do.

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
My car has full interior still, I kind of have to run the 5.25 to fit behind the door card (I believe), and I also will not be running a sub...or an amp for that matter. Guess I still have more research to do...reviews I've read on just about every other speaker state reliability issues, that they blow out after a short period time.

I'm curious to see what comes of this...

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
The more I research the topic (I'm in the same boat as you Beaver, want a basic stereo setup, nothing "fancy", but sounds good), the more I lean toward the Infinity Reference, figure if it's worth spending $50 on, it's worth spending the extra $30 to get the best ones...

Amazon.com: Infinity Reference 5032cf 5.25-Inch, 135-Watt High Performance Two-Way Loudspeaker (Pair): Car Electronics
I bought a full set of those for my old prelude. For the money they sounded pretty dang good.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts