Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
95 CX Chassis w/same year engine harness
D16Y8 Engine w/ Performer X intake manifold

I'm trying to figure out how to hook up the hose from the evaporative emmision purge control diaphragm to the intake manifold.

On a D16Z6/D15B8 it looks like this (hose from diaphragm to throttle body):

The D16Y8 uses an electronically controlled solenoid valve, which I don't even have the wiring for:

I'm guessing the hose is just for a standard vacuum connection, but since it has an odd connection to the throttle body (on a D16Z6/D15B8 ) I want to make sure it doesn't have any special properties.

Can anyone confirm this hose is just a vacuum connection or if not, tell me where it should go on a D16Y8 engine?

·
Registered
476 Posts
The line itself is just a feed line from the canister to the purge valve. The purge valve is the mechanical part of the system.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I'm not sure on the second line except that since it's hooked to the TB it's going to have a vacuum signal. I'm 6th gen. so mine only has the single line to the purge valve. Purge valve allows engine vacuum to remove fuel vapors from the canister once at operating temp. I'd have to look at a 5th gen. FSM to tell more but by the diagrams you posted it looks like you have both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.