Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know about the 2ndary O2, and the knock sensor, but has anybody found a way to trick the Evap purge solenoid on an OBD2 car? My evap canister has a bunch of dirt in it, and i wanna remove it for a wire tuck. Its just a soleniod so there has to be something.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
haaaa, i hate when this happens... :)

there has to be another method to it remove tho... right, and stay obd2..?
There might be...but i converted to obd1 for my turbo set up and just ripped it out in the process

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea I really REALLY wanna do OBD1, but cant due to budget,

But there has to be a resistor i can wire in there to trick the ECU like I did for the 2nd o2 sensor? its not a sensor its a solenoid, so its normally shut unless the solenoid is grounded, but how does it set teh CEL off if it reads "not enough flow"? Im sure if somebody knew, this would save ALOT of trouble for alot of people

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
There might be...but i converted to obd1 for my turbo set up and just ripped it out in the process
ya, im sure there is too, i went threw this a while back because i was gonna take mine out, i cant f-in rember exactly how i was gonna do it cause, it woulndt throw a cel...

however tho, the reason i left it because YOU NEED IT... lol

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
yea I really REALLY wanna do OBD1, but cant due to budget,

But there has to be a resistor i can wire in there to trick the ECU like I did for the 2nd o2 sensor? its not a sensor its a solenoid, so its normally shut unless the solenoid is grounded, but how does it set teh CEL off if it reads "not enough flow"? Im sure if somebody knew, this would save ALOT of trouble for alot of people
find out if it needs suction or pressure, if it need's suction/vacum, hook it up to your intake, if it need's presure, find a source for that...

i dont think it's wise to remove it tho...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its mostly for emmissions, which i dont have here. and its only used durring startup. Plus im scared about all the dirt that came out of the canister (its currently installed now), but i really dont wanna risk sucking up a crap load of dirt into my IM.

Plus plugging the vac lines gives a more crisp throttle response.

You know about the intake thing, you might be a genious! But Im frickin trying to clean up the bay....maybe ill hook it up to my PCV valve.?

anybody have poor MPG with the EVAP removed?

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
My EVAP is removed and i easily get 35mpg+ on the freeway with a turboed z6
are you obd1 or 2...

with a z6 im pretty sure your obd1 but ya never know...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hes turbo'ed, OBD1 for sure....dam Im just worried about suckin in dirt, thats the last thing i need. I tried blowing into the canister a few times to make sure i got all the dirt out.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
are you obd1 or 2...

with a z6 im pretty sure your obd1 but ya never know...
Hes turbo'ed, OBD1 for sure....dam Im just worried about suckin in dirt, thats the last thing i need. I tried blowing into the canister a few times to make sure i got all the dirt out.
Yea, i'm obd1, hondata s300

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
well, if you can do it and it wont cause any problems go for it...

i was told by a friend that it could actually be dangerous to remove it due to exhaust gasses or some bullshit...

come to think of it, he prolly told me that cause he didnt want to help me with it... he's a mechanic so i belived him...

i may have gotton owend and didnt even know it... lol

·
Registered
163 Posts
haaaa, i hate when this happens... :)

there has to be another method to it remove tho... right, and stay obd2..?
the evap monitor uses the orvr valve, purge and vent valves. it opens and closes them and watches the fuel tank pressure sensor. I wouldnt want the task of rigging up something to mimic this.

If you can disable it at the pcm then fine. otherwise....

OBD1 conversion

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You can have the gas fumes vent to the standard EVAP vent hose, that goes to a safe location....its the CEL im worried about.

·
Registered
163 Posts
You can have the gas fumes vent to the standard EVAP vent hose, that goes to a safe location....its the CEL im worried about.
how will u trick the monitor? if it fails you will get a cel, evap can throw cels for a variety of things. p1456 evap small leak ,p1457 evap big leak. you have no purge flow codes etc.... You cant's just rip it out and cap it off.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I did, the only cel I got was a 92. Again, i only have 1 sensor, and thats the Evap purge solenoid. ive ran it capped for a few weeks, and every 3 days i got CEL 92. thats the only thing i need to worry about. 96 coupes, and all 99+'s have the other sensors

1 - 20 of 25 Posts