Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I see two pipes leaving the charcoal canister on my D16Z6.
One of the pipe goes to the purge control solenoid valve which, I understand, purges the canister from time to time.

The other pipe connects the canister to the intake pipe, just before the throttle.
Now this second pipe does not have a valve along the run and thus I assume it is constantly leaking vapor (fuel) into the intake pipe/manifold. If so, what does the purge control solenoid valve, well, purge - I know the vacuum is higher near the purge valve port, but the purge control solenoid valve is not always open...?

Thank you.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
post number 10
So let me see if I get it... When the purge control solenoid valve opens, the air flows through the canister (from the throttle body), after which it flows through the purge control solenoid valve and finally into the manifold (far end from the throttle body).
Is that it or is the the purge flow in the opposite direction, that is from the manifold towards the throttle body?

Thank you.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Fuel vapors go through the two way valve and are stored in the canister until the ecu determines the optimal time to purge them into the intake. At that time it will command the purge control open which will supply vacuum to the diaphragm on the purge valve. Supplied vacuum will open the purge valve allowing the vapors stored in the canister to be sucked into the throttle body and burned instead of being released into the atmosphere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts