·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Im a little confused on this topic.

I am working on a d16y7/z6 head and air intake manifold on a 98 cx hatch
that has been converted to OBD1 (p28) ecu

I have wired iacv, vtec but I need to know if the evap needs to be wired in
also the black canister on block, does that need to be plugged up as well or do I leave it connected to the hose that goes up to the manifold and to the pcv valve? or do I remove the pcv plug up the nipple on the manifol and black canister on block?

I also plugged up the evap canister on the fire wall, the nipple where the hose from the evap purge connects to.

please dont bash me, this is my first time swapping a head and I am a little lost. thanks

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,034 Posts
leave the black box on the back of the engine. buy a new pcv valve and use it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok another mini me Noob question

Ok here is a little more info on my project.

Reason for head swap was due to a broken timing belt on my y7 ( 98 CX Chassis )

Purchased a rebuilt d16z6 head
and a z6 intake manifold
and a p28 chpped ecu with a d16z6 stock basemap from xenocron
as current chip on ecu was for a f22.

I have my vtec and iacv all wired in at the ecu jumper harness

I went with a y8 head gasket and while the head was off replaced water pump with new oem pump, shimmed my oil pump and changed the seal, ( pump looked to be in decent shape upon inspection)
put on a d16z6 timing belt and cam gear, oh and a new timing belt tensioner.
changed a couple of seals here and there, including a oil pan gasket (oem)
I did the nine y7 head bolts and the one z6 head bolt in the top left corner of head) and all were new oem bolts.

I have a d16z6 distributor that I soldered a obd2 plug to it so that I dont have to buy a harness.

Replaced the distributor cap and rotor with oem parts
and running blue ngk spark plug wires that i had on my y7 (but ngk says they will work on a vtec head)

and ngk plugs that also work on y7/z6 engines

Im going to fill it up with oil and radiator fluid tonight and leave the mechanical part of the timing side done

any tips for timing it at the distributor when I crank it?

where should the distributor be placed ? smack dead center on the top bolt or slightly forward.

I know i might have to buy a timing gun, but am trying to avoid that.

what else should I look for?

I also replaced the transmission for a 95 civic si one and my driver side axle seems like its not in place correctly as there is a visible gap at the end where it meets the transmission case.

and now all of a sudden the car wont shift into 5th or 6th and i have not even driven it. It shifted perfectly fine the other night and now it wont go into gear? weird AF

Anyways i will post up some more pics of this as i am sure i will need some help with that manifold and hoses.

also is there a way to run the y7 tb rotor both the gsr and y7 rotors spin a different way?

Help a Noob Out.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,034 Posts
Ill bite. car doesn't have a 6th gear. whew, that took a lot out of me. my work here is.... oh look, food.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts