Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well these question are more for Chris(Aquafina) and bone(Tranzex/Mistabone).

so i've been doing some shopping for my retro of my 91 civic hb and i came across these nice little beauty. so these are the question:

do these look like the ones i need? or did i waste my money? do you have exact measurement on these?

this is only info i've found so far from ZcSpeed.

WHICH AXLES DO I USE ON THE ZC TRANNY?

Many people have reported using 90-93 integra axles with no problems, however, ZCspeed recommends a 90-93 integra left axle with a 1985 Honda Accord SE-i 5spd Right axle. The Accord axle is one-half inch longer than the integra axle, eliminating problems with the axle coming apart when the wheel is turned all the way to the right. The accord axle isn't very easy to find, but we get them from time to time. Some people have reported making custom axles with various civic/integra parts.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
There is a thread on CRX Comm. to identify the mid shaft. Seems when I bought a ZC tranny I was given two pass. axles and a Teg AT midshaft, tossed them all.

I have no use for equal length axles. Add in MFactory LSD and run normal axles. If you ever need to replace an axle, easy to find a stock L3 axle.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bone i couldn't find the thread on there can you link me up?

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
I don't mess with OEM axles for the DOHC setups, they're far too old. The intermediate shaft should be 370mm long if it's a DOHC ZC. If it's not, then it is not a D series shaft. I'll have to dig out my notebook with the axle lengths.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't mess with OEM axles for the DOHC setups, they're far too old. The intermediate shaft should be 370mm long if it's a DOHC ZC. If it's not, then it is not a D series shaft. I'll have to dig out my notebook with the axle lengths.
thank you

I don't go there anymore....
awesome.(Sarcasm) lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts