Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a d14 ep1 and im looking to do a 5 stud conversion I think I can do the rears by swapping the knuckle out for an ep3 knuckle,which if possible is perfect as I wanted to change the rear to a disc brake set up anyway, the trouble that I'm having atm is the fronts. Are d14 and d16 CV joints the same? If so I should be able to swap the front hubs from a facelift ep2 right ? I cant really think of much else for the front any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a d14 ep1 and im looking to do a 5 stud conversion I think I can do the rears by swapping the knuckle out for an ep3 knuckle,which if possible is perfect as I wanted to change the rear to a disc brake set up anyway, the trouble that I'm having atm is the fronts. Are d14 and d16 CV joints the same? If so I should be able to swap the front hubs from a facelift ep2 right ? I cant really think of much else for the front any help would be much appreciated.
I’m sure enough you can get the facelift ep2 hubs for the front because if you were to swap a EP2 1.6 into an EP1 you don’t need to change the hubs for the halfshafts.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
What year is the chassis? If you isntall the 5lug 04-05 stuff, the balljoint does get larger as well if you grab it from a K20 chassis, and the steering joint might be bigger as well.

Just double check before commiting to the install so you are not caught off guard

·
Registered
2 Posts
What year is the chassis? If you isntall the 5lug 04-05 stuff, the balljoint does get larger as well if you grab it from a K20 chassis, and the steering joint might be bigger as well.

Just double check before commiting to the install so you are not caught off guard
It won’t fit from a K20 chassis you have to take it off a facelift EP2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts