Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Civic Ex Sedan
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a rebuild and reinstall (D16z6), my car was vibrating horribly in the cabin while the car was running. Going through the Helm's manual one day, I read this caution that I had missed. I think this might be a common thing to miss.

Steps 1-11

Engine Specific torque specifications

I've read multiple posts of rattling being annoying for drivers and passengers. This could be the cause of some of those problems.

This info is for D16Z6, D15B7, D15B8 and D15Z1 engines.

·
Registered
94 Civic Ex Sedan
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I am in the middle of another rebuild for the car with the rattling problem due to my choice to use a cheap rebuild kit. I plan to purchase new Hardrace mount set ($280) and do the proper bolt tightening sequence to hopefully take care of the problem. Just something that seemed like it could be the culprit behind the rattling. I didn't have the rattling before the first rebuild.

·
Registered
ej1
1,222 Posts
They give you that sequence so one of the mounts is not biding. The last couple times I didn't remember that sequence but I supported the engine and tried to make sure the passenger side mounts and rear mount bolts were as neutral as possible sliding into the mount easily before tightening them up. I got the rear mounts in first and the engine has been ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts