Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 civic dx, 4AT witch should have a D15B7 but has D14A2 in it. And then I have a donor car witch is a 1998 civic that should have a D15Z6 but has a D15Z8 in it.

What would I need to be on a look out for when swapping the the D14A2 out for the D15Z8?

And then are all the head gaskets kits and timing belt kits same between these engines and even in the D16Z6?
Since when I search for kits form rockauto.com or summitracing.com I can only find kits for the D16Z6 and sometimes D15Y8.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,104 Posts
figure out what theyre variants are related to. is the d15z6 related to the d15b?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I swap the whole thing with ECU and wires. Do you know where I can find a diagram of the wires that needs to be cut and rewired for the instrument cluster?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,104 Posts
if theyre the same generation (obd1/obd2) then you wouldn't have to cut anything as the sensors should just plug and play.....or even better using the old sensors on the swap IF THEY WORK AS THEY SHOULD.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I would take a step back. Look at the d14 engine, and see if it shares the same cylinder ehad as the d15b7.

If it does (16 valve, nonvtec, ports are similar), you could toss that d14 cylinder head onto the other block of other car, and make one fully functional d15 automatic that functions pretty much like factory.

You may need to look up the pistons in the other engine to see if your compression will increase or not.

If my signature doesnt show, look up zeals compression calculator. It does a good job of the basics, but shows codes mostly for north america setups

1 - 5 of 5 Posts