Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys

Civic d16zc sohc vtec boosted 10 psi, crome pro, dsm 450cc.

Engine temp normal... Yesterday I was pushing the car running with a 2007 civic Si on the highway at night, we were going uphill. I always check the gauges and they were cool. we suddenly went to a very hardcore uphill section and I was going hard, in a matter of seconds engine temp raised like WOOOSH! and EGT stayed on limit 1200. I backed off and temp got down very quickly. (the whole thing in matter of 1 minute)

I checked everything. Water is ok, oil ok, no water in oil. (ARP STUDS REALLY WORK) and fan is operating as normal.

Now How can I prevent this temp spikes, this only happened on uphill when the engine really has a charge on it.

Does a full and bigger alluminium radiator work? Who has one from ebay? experience?
Also the Known WATER WETTER really works?
A bigger Fan?
Faster opening thermovalve?

Shoot info rep given!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I dont condone racing at all but im not gonna be a giant duche like alot of the pepole ive ran into on d series.Water wetter does work. Bigger alum rad + fan will make it run a little cooler.Tstat in good shape? Also fabricate some cooling plates to funnel in air past rad and do us all a favor dont race any one.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I dont condone racing at all but im not gonna be a giant duche
not our fault you cant stand up againt stupid shit like this. racing up hill at night is just fucking stupid. What if your fucking family member had an accident right over the crest of the hill and the road was blocked off and your could not see it. You would have no time to stop ,you would plow into them or kill yourself.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Jesus Christ your being alittle harsh arent ya? the guy asked for help not you bitchin at him, and he didnt say anything about racing he just said he was running with him, but anyways, yes all those things will help alittle but you have a much bigger problem then that if both your temp gauge and egt gauge went extreme. Sounds like it went lean, i would really put some time into figuring out why the egt's went sky high, good luck man.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
When my car was having over heating issues,water wetter, more water,slim fan none of that shit helped.

A cooling panel that I made to block the space where the old ac condenser worked. Im now on just an autozone replacement dual core and stock fan,stock headstuds and gasket and tstat.I did also get a new tune.I have datalogs from a few days ago when it was around 94 outside and the car stayed in the 186-190 range.When it would get hot before outside under hard driving I would reach 200-211

Really why would you race uphill?Talk about working against yourself,and a little unsafe.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Isn't there also some unwritten rule that you shouldn't stay in max boost for more then 15 seconds.

Remember these cars were not designed for this kind of power.

But as said above find out why EGT maxed. Sounds like a tuning issue.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx for the info... The car is running rich. I think I maxed the turbo uphill. I shall consider the 15 seconds rule.

And for more info I was not racing the guy we were running together. It was fun till I freaked out with the temp. The thermostat is working good I guess, fan is operating.

Thanx for tips

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx for the info... The car is running rich. I think I maxed the turbo uphill. I shall consider the 15 seconds rule.

I'm still in tuning sessions and I was testing the car for some real charge on it.

And for more info I was not racing the guy we were running together. It was fun till I freaked out with the temp. The thermostat is working good I guess, fan is operating.

Thanx for tips

1 - 9 of 9 Posts