Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this might not be the best place to start, but i'll ask anyways, since the majority of you here might know some sort of answer

i have a 92 honda civic lx with a d15b7 1.5L SOHC engine, and am looking to do an engine swap to a b18a1 engine from an 90-91 acura integra

the reason i come here to ask this, would that B series engine be compatible with the same tranny i have now, or will it have to have a "b series" tranny as well

i'm new at this, and doing a little research before i do anything, so one way to do this, is to ask questions, what else would need to be replaced from the existing setup to support the new b series engine

guy at work is selling the b18a1 engine for $300 bucks, dont wanna pass it up, pretty cheap

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
no. b series trannies are different from d series. they sell adapters but i believe it goes the other way around d block to b tranny not b block to d tranny. someone please correct me if i am wrong.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i got it in reverse, so i will need to buy a B tranny as well, well that sucks, but i'll bite the bullet, i needed a new tranny eventually anyways

outside of getting the new tranny, my current civic is a 5spd, if i chose an integra b series tranny, would anything else be effected, or as long as i find the proper b series tranny, the rest would be minor stuff like engine mounts

someone from another forum gave me this list of stuff that could be used, and i quote it

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:10 am Post subject:
Convert from DPFI to MPFI

You will need:
Conversion mounts
the engine mount bracket from a 90-93 Integra.
The rear t-bracket from the Integra, assuming it is a manual car.
A B series cable trans.
90-93 Integra axles
B90-93 intermediate shaft.
OBD0 LS distributor.
OBD0 PR4 ECU, or some other 90-91 OBD0 ECU than can be easily chipped.

I think that is most of it.
any idea where the best places to start looking for those parts would be?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts