Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to be swapping my d14 engine to a d15z6 from the same year and model civic, because mine is non vtec what differences are there in the wiring?
do i need the loom from the d15 or can i use my d14 loom but change the ecu. i cannot find info from the swaps sections and websites etc as d14 info is like rocking horse s*** to track down.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey are you sure its not a d16z6????? I have never heard of the d15z6 and im pretty well knowledged on d-series.Also if it is the d16z6 its vtec which you would have to dop a new engine harness because you would also be going to MPFI.

Try this website and email ryan

http://www.rywire.com/store/index.php
thanks for the reply mate. im sure its the d15z6, it may be different because im in the uk, its the engine from a 1998 1.5 iLS which is sohc vtec, my current d14a2 is sohc non vtec.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok well over here it's d16z6.....Anways you need a ecu,wiring harness,because im assuming ur intake is dpfi and your going to mpfi so you need to get the harness to do that.Now for any other needs email ryan at that website and he will tell you ewverything else you need to know.To make sure it is a d15z6 and not d16z6 go look on the block down next to the tranny and it will tell you for sure ok.Any more questions just ask me ok.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is definately d15z6, im guessing the d16z6 is the same btu 1.6 not 1.5 version, i know us and uk specs differ slightly with codes etc. i dont really know the differences between dpfi and mpfi so i couldnt say to be honest. do i need an interior loom as it was mentioned by somebody i need the engine and interior looms? thanks for your help though, i appreciate it mate.

·
Registered
66 Posts
well if it's a 98 then both engines shouldl be multiport fuel injection. and since it's vtec you will need to wire up the vtec solinoid which is only 3 wires (accesory, switch and a ground 2 of which you wire up to the ecu) and you'll need a new ecu to support the vtec. but other then that you shouldnt need too much

·
Registered
66 Posts
but there are a lot of different threads on here about this type of swap maybe look for a d16y7 to d16y8 because those are both obd2a which is what your car is im guessing

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the d15z6 is sohc vtec, but my current engine is sohc non vtec. i will be changing the ecu, and another user on here just said that the engine loom is all i need, so im guessing 1 end connects to the ecu and the other to the engine components?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but there are a lot of different threads on here about this type of swap maybe look for a d16y7 to d16y8 because those are both obd2a which is what your car is im guessing
yes mine is obd2. i had a look through but not knowing too much about the various engines i couldnt piece together very much info. all i have got really is i need the engine and gearbox, ecu and wiring loom (which i assume goes from the engine direct to the ecu in 1 piece.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts