Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my car is out the shop and for some reason it surges from 800rpm to like 1200 and it is getting on m nerves everytime i stop at a redlight now where should i start to run the problem down at? and were talking about a d16z6

·
Registered
96 Posts
crack that hood open and spray some starting fluid in differnt spots on the engine. when your idle picks up when you spray in any one spot u found your leak. vac leak that is. could be a cuple other things but i would chek there first.

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
top off your coolant and open the bleeder valve, turn the car on and wait to see if air bubbles pop up. once coolant starts to flow freely tighten it back up. i did everything else but that first and it ended up being the problem:uh::uh:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Ok i have done all of this stuff in the thread also i have read everyting on that other page posted and done it.I also replaced 2 of the iacv.I have 1 crazy ? but not sure about it.I didnt seem to have the surge issue untill i switched to a 3bar sensor could this be the problem? also if it is the sensor how would i check it? and once the car starts idle crazy and low it leaves this on the ground and i am not sure if it is gas or oil.

Attachments

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
did you disconnect the battery after you switched the sensor to reset the ecu? you can try switching back to the stock map sensor and see if it fixes the problem.

·
Registered
98 Coupe & 98 Hatch
135 Posts
idle air control valve is like gold has any 1 asked thew price of these things?
They are pricy from honda, but the autozone ones work fine. I am from Canada and it was the only place I was able to find a decent one aftermarket.

Also just my persona opinion I replace the IACV gasket when I remove my IACV. I cleaned mine once still had a surge probelm couldn't figure it out for 2 weeks them replace the TB gasket, and IACV gasket probelm soved.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts