Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm planning to build a d16z6 (94 civic ex obd1), but i am flowing between NA and turbo, so i would like to know which will cause more engine stress? fully built NA, or 7psi turbo w/ minor valvetrains upgrade? cause i want to build a motor which is reliable.:D

thank you

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
With quality parts and no corners cut. This includes driveline and suspension!

·
Formerly weebeastie
926 Posts
Its really up to you

Both ways are going to take a lot of tuning to get right, unless you switch over to a carb. All motor is my choice for daily driver, but if you want fast and reliable and drive every day, you might lean more towards nitrous oxide. Its there when you need it and gone when you don't. If you buy a wet kit and do some minor internal upgrades you can run a 75 shot easily. Or do major internal upgrades and run a 150 shot and go as fast as some of the turbo guys. Lots of choices, but constant boost wears on engine parts twice as fast as no boost. High compression (i.e. all motor) also increases the wear on parts. How much money do you have?? That will really determine what you can do.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
if i pick fast and reliable, how should i build my motor?
With quality parts and no corners cut. This includes driveline and suspension!
:TU::TU:

that includes pistons, rods, new bearings.......basically an entire rebuild of the internals of the motor. Probably wont need to touch the head unless you want to try and squeeze every bit of power you can out of the build, but i would at least replace the valve stem seals.

youll also need apr headstuds

AND most importantly, one hell of a tune. the tune it what makes it both reliable and fast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts