Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it stopped working after running flawlessly...i just swapped in a jdm d15b and yesterday while driving home it lost all power and eventulally stopped moving. Now it wont start up at all and wont even seem to fire...but its getting spark and i believe fuel so i dont know whats going on with it...iim going to check the timing belt to see if it broke. Also once it lost all power it got really loud like i was running off the header or somthing. So any ideas please post em cause i need to get to work tomorrow

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
hmmm, I'm not sure about it getting really loud. Possibly spun a bearing, broke the t- belt ?? What condition was the motor in when you bought it? check the t-belt, if it's cool check spark,timming, comp. fuel.

·
Banned
939 Posts
Yank your dist cap when you check for the broken timing belt. You may find your rotor spinning on the shaft without any particular orientation. Sounds like what happened to you. The screw will probably be stuck to one of the pickups, but just be cautious when removing the cap, as it may be lying on the bottom. I hope that's all it is.

·
Black Dynamite
1991 HONDA Civic
5,880 Posts
Yank your dist cap when you check for the broken timing belt. You may find your rotor spinning on the shaft without any particular orientation.
Yep that's what I was thinking same thing happened to me but when you set the rotor right make sure it's tightend mine kept falling off so i used RTV to keep it there lol resists up to 400 degrees good stuff

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The motor was purchased from h motors with roughtly 35000 miles on it and the condition seemed great
well i checked out everything today and i had previously checked the distributator and it was in good working order and even then i replaced the rotor with my msd one but i did notice the timing belt seemed a bit loosecompared to my other engines so i possibly slipped and bent the valves?? On a side note if i spun a bearing wouldnt it still start.. Even then i wasnt really hot roddin it or anything so it shouldnt have done that

·
Registered
636 Posts
ok check the timing belt ? did you not replace it when you put the engine in ??

·
Registered
636 Posts
#trying hard not 2 dizz respect you or say it wrong#
but '
DUDE... so you dont know how old or for how long that belt has been used !?!....

i can not say this enough !!!!!! dont put in a engine that is NOT 100% and rechecked !! you could maybe not have problems now if you did it.. and if it is the belt.. then you have 2 reboild or buy a new one... if one those not have the funds.. WAIT !!!
goes for all... listen 2 this and you will save more money, then you do at the "arh fuck it, lets go" time

well back on topic :)
did you check the belt yet ?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
seemed a bit loose its at the garage well if the valves are fed oh well ill re valve it and get a new belt/ tensioner ....i was planning on getting the belt done this friday at the shop when i have the funding oh welll whatever happens the belt is gettin changed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts