Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called up like schucks and harbor frieght and there like the cheaper (750,1000lbs engine stands) don't even have the ability to completely rotate the actuall engine 360 degrees. as in having the oil pan facing up.

It funny cause I'm actually buying this just to remove a crank pulley bolt. I'm sure I'll use it in the future though.

Which ones rotate??

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
I bought one from harbor freight that allowed me to rotate it and also bought one from Kragen that allowed me to rotate the motor. I dont think either one was over $40

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what brand at schucks?
I just talked to some lady at harbor frieght and she said it doesn't. I'm pretty sure she was looking at the thing when she told me this........
The guy at schucks said the same thing......

Ethier there fucking retarded. I might just go look at the one at schucks since it's close. Though thinking about it. It really wouldn't be to big of deal like I could put it on upside down and do all bearing clearances, then flip it to drop in the pistons. though it would be the shit to be able to rotate it.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
i have the Harbor Freight and it spins completely around...

im pretty sure the people you talked to dont know shit

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts

·
Registered
HONDA
368 Posts
i Have a harbor freight also , it spins 360 degrees, its orange Central Machinery brand, $39.99 on sale , i keep it in my room its 750lbs

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
were talking about rotating the engine. not the entire stand around in a circle right??

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
were talking about rotating the engine. not the entire stand around in a circle right??
right. pull a pin and rotate the engine around.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
yes, the engine will completely flip over. you can spin it 1000 time in 1 direction and it wont stop.

my statement about the 4 wheels was if you were rolling the stand around in your garage it is less likely to fall on its side

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I bought an AcDelco one from Murray's for like $50 its got 4 wheels and can rotate the engine around 360...

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the help. I bought the proXone stand from schucks. :) :)

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
I got one out of the classifeds from a ex-muscle car guy. 1500+ lbs big block stand for $25... Wheels, rotating assembly, adjustable arms, the works. Guess I just picked up the paper on the right day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts