Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I'm starting up my "Rebuild the D16A6" project, and this is definitely a new realm to me. I have a lot to learn.

So... I was wondering.

A 750lb engine stand from Harbor Frieght should be more than enough to hold a D16 right? What if in the future I was going to work on a B-series engine, would it be able to support the weight of a DOHC B-series as well?

Also, I don't know what type of bolts I should be using to attach the engine to the stand. I know I was reading one thread about it that I found in the search, but it went two directions, one of which involved cutting the stand (Which I want to avoid) and the other direction just turned into a big confusing flame.

What measurement bolts do i need to mount it to the stand?

Thanks everyone for your help.

·
Registered
525 Posts
a small block chevy weighs less than 600 pounds so for our lil 250 lb motors should be fine......forget lowes they sell junk...dnt support them....go to your local fastener store and bring him the bolts out of the belhousing and hell get you the right bolts. i say forget about lowes because if your starting a project you will need fasteners and the local guy will have better grade bolts and you will be seeing him in the future. so get to know him and stay away from the big box stores because after you leave they dont give two shits about you or your car. im done preasching.

·
Registered
honda del sol
557 Posts
You can also use the same bolts that mount the trans to the block to hold the block onto the stand. For those who do not want to buy new bolts just tor the engine stand.
u can use these but becareful because they may not go in far enough. i had them all the way in on my stand and they ripped out due to not having enough meat to grab onto.

the bolts to use are the rear engine/trans mount. they are much long so u will need to put a spacer or to on and they will grab plenty of threads.

·
Premium Member
96,97,00 civic
2,149 Posts
Also, I don't know what type of bolts I should be using to attach the engine to the stand. I know I was reading one thread about it that I found in the search, but it went two directions, one of which involved cutting the stand (Which I want to avoid) and the other direction just turned into a big confusing flame.
12mmx1.25 about 4-5 inches just to be safe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts