Honda D Series Forum banner

Engine stand problem

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  DougNuts 
#1 ·
Guys, the engine stand I borrowed from a friend won't allow me to use my transmission bolts. The bolts are the same length as the "tubes" that they are supposed to go through.

How did you guys get around this? I'd prefer not to cut the tubes shorter since it's not my stand.:confused:

#4 ·
go to lowes or home depo and buy 4 - 90mm x 1.25mm bolts and a shit load of washers. I did a diy on mounting your block to an engine stand. search dough don't make me flame you like a noob. lol.

#8 ·
This is what I did, but they only have them in Grade 8.8 and think they're made of gold at $6.32 each!!

I actually bought three from Tractor Supply for $3.xx each and used an OE crossmember bolt and a 1.25 pitch nut for the non-threaded lower, rear of block, hole.

#7 ·
and remember those bolts aren't automotive grade bolts. so don't try to take a joy ride with your motor on the engine stand. lol.

#14 ·
I could have used my originals, but they would have only had 1/2" - 5/8" of thread contact. I'm a lil paranoid so I used a measured and used washers/bolts just right to use every last thread in the block. Yeah, I'm OCD sometimes.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.