Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been working on my friends accord for a while now...I can't seem to figure out what wrong with his car. I don't know whether its a electrical issue or bad egr system....We replaced the distributor and ignition coil... checked all grounds and looked for any worn wires....everything is looking good....cleaned the egr ports too...heres what happens....car starts up fine....but when we cruise the car will intermittently stall around the 2500-3500 rpm range...on neutral the car holds a steady rev through the range....i feel its the egr...but when its doing that...the tach kinda jumps two lines ahead so thats why i get an indication to electrical problem....its most noticeable exactly at 3000 rpm...it will jump rapidly about two small lines of the tach, not a oscillating jump, but the one where it passes two lines small lines at a rapid rate....for some reason the reverse lights stay on too...i dunno why...i did a couple of test, but didn't really focus on it...there are no MIL's...i did the ignition wiggle key thing too....could it be bad ecu?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts