Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 si hatch
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey alright guys so I have a 92 civic hatch with.a jdm d15b running on a p08 ecu so I was driving down doing 40 and then suddenly my rpms went down to 1000 and I tried accelerating but they still stayed after a few seconds the car shut off and I couldn't get it on I noticed that every time I tried starting it it blew my ecu fuse under the hood(after I also notice that it blew every time I turn my ignition switch on) I tried to turn it om with a p28 and still burned i the fuse... any ideas???
I also tried push start

·
Registered
93 honda del sol
207 Posts
you have a short my friend.Only thing I can say is look for burnt or frayed wires look at everything.Disconnect the ecu put a new fuse and try to crank the car,whats happens.Connect the ecu one plug at a time until the fuse pops.If and when it pops stop and find out where the wires go.Sometimes shorts are something minor.If the engine was swapped i'd look on the engine harnees, wires, rubbing on metal parts.Good luck.

·
Registered
94 si hatch
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you have a short my friend.Only thing I can say is look for burnt or frayed wires look at everything.Disconnect the ecu put a new fuse and try to crank the car,whats happens.Connect the ecu one plug at a time until the fuse pops.If and when it pops stop and find out where the wires go.Sometimes shorts are something minor.If the engine was swapped i'd look on the engine harnees, wires, rubbing on metal parts.Good luck.
Ok well I did what u told me to but when I got my car back home I put in a new fuse and checked one by one it didn't pop then I push started it since I was afraid of blowing the fuse well the car started with no problem, I let it warm up and then took it for a ride in my neighborhood went to the park and back 2 times in my second time while I was approaching my house it died and sure enought the ecu fuse was blown idk what to do??

·
Adia's Daddy
2004 Honda Element
3,364 Posts
Ok well I did what u told me to but when I got my car back home I put in a new fuse and checked one by one it didn't pop then I push started it since I was afraid of blowing the fuse well the car started with no problem, I let it warm up and then took it for a ride in my neighborhood went to the park and back 2 times in my second time while I was approaching my house it died and sure enought the ecu fuse was blown idk what to do??
Sounds like a wire is rubbing somewhere like bori said. You're probably going to need a wiring schematic for the car unless you want to just go ahead and open up the harness to find the short.

If it makes you feel any better for now, you are learning valuable diagnosis skills with how you are going about this and have made progress even if you think you are still lost:

1. You know it is not the ECM since you've already installed a known good unit and are still experiencing the same problem.
  2. You've isolated part of the circuit and can conclude it is AFTER the ignition switch since the fuse fails when the ignition switch is turned ON.
  3. You have further isolated the circuit to the ignition switch ON circuit since the fuse fails even if you bump start the car.
  4. Since it is your ECM fuse that is failing, the short is likely somewhere downstream of the fuse in the circuit, that being between the respective fuse panel where the ECM fuse is located and the ECM itself.
Your next course of action is to back track the wiring from the ECM all the way to the fuse panel like bori talked about. See if one or more wires are making contact anywhere along the way. Check zip-tie clips, mounting locations on the firewall, unibody or engine and examine the wires in the harnesses themselves to see if any are burnt, frayed or melted as bori said. Also be sure to check the connectors for loose or melted plugs and/or wires.

It will be tedious so take your time and inspect the wires carefully. The short is in there somewhere and you'll grin from ear to ear after you find it :td:.

·
Registered
94 si hatch
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I will get on it first thing in the morning I will keep u guys updated and thanks for ur help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts